Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad is thinking about buying a Benelli M1. Are these guns really good? Have they ever torn up on any of you? I'm just wondering what yall think about the Benelli M1.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just returned from Argentina dove hunt. A friend used two
M1's and shot 10,000 rounds in four days without any hitches.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Expensive and hard hitting, they are recoil operated semi-automatic shotguns that are very well built, strong, and a great shotgun...more will chime in but this will whet your appetite.
Bill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Benelli M1'a and Montefeltro's are currently very popular with South American guides and shooting hosts to provide their clients who don't travel with their own guns. I've heard of serveral outfits in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, etc where thousands of doves, ducks, and pigeons are shot daily - regularly shoot Benelli's with no problems and very little maintenance!

Plus, one of my acquisitions in the Spring 2004 will be a 20 gauge M1. I plan to use this new 20 ga 5 3/4 pound gun mostly for upland birds in Idaho and Washington, and even on Chukar - provided they don't flush any further than 30 yards from the muzzle. But then the probb is mine and the gauge - not the gun! :)

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
A friend that hunts and guides in Argentina just bought 60 more to take down south with him. It's all that they use as client guns. They run tens of thousands of shells through them every year.

I have had one for several years and am looking for another in 20 gauge.

I bought some spare parts that I have carried with me on out of state trips, and knock on wood have not had to use any of them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Austin,

I used to shoot this gun in both 12 and 20, and prefer it over the beretta 390's I shot before that. I still shoot the SBE for saltwater and marsh waterfowl hunting.

For extremely high volume shooting I would wear a recoil pad, but other than that you should be fine.

The only complaint I have about these guns is that they eject hulls EVERYWHERE. If you're conscientious about picking up your empties it may take you quite awhile to find them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone know if a M1 barrel will fit a Franchi law-12? They are both made by the same company and they look very simular.

Thanks,
Jonathan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts