Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Benelli M2 12 ga. 2012 manufactured 8500 rounds thru it. The magazine follower wedges and sticks in it home position. I have to take a screwdriver of similar tool and hit to loosen the follower so I can load the magazine. I have replaced the follower 2-3 times no longer helps at all. I have clean and polished the area and lubricate it. I think the receiver is worn down to almost the I.D. of the magazine tube. Has anyone experienced this? Any suggests? Thanks
?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Is the follower the plastic or aluminum one. Maybe try an aluminum follower if you've been using plastic? I wouldn't lube the follower either as that'll attract debris and make it sticky.

I've had a couple high round count Benellis(one with plastic and the other aluminum)and have never had the issues you describe, but maybe I was lucky.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank gunner76!! Benelli wanted me to send it to them to look at. I hate to send it during these unsure times. My followers were aluminum i seen a stainless steel in after market it stuck worse. I checked diameter it was .008 thousandth smaller than OEM. I will keep looking thanks again.

·
Registered
389 Posts
geraldelwood said:
Thank gunner76!! Benelli wanted me to send it to them to look at. I hate to send it during these unsure times. My followers were aluminum i seen a stainless steel in after market it stuck worse. I checked diameter it was .008 thousandth smaller than OEM. I will keep looking thanks again.
I sent a gun to them the week before Christmas and got it back last week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts