Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there own a Benelli M3? If so, have you had any problems at all with it, how reliable is it really, and would a Benelli Nova or M1 be a better choice (if so, why?)? I'm looking strongly into purchasing either an M3 or a Nova 12 gauge (18.5 barrel, ghost rings on the Nova. Ghost rings and pistol grip/stock on the M3). Any feedback would be great from anyone, even if it turns into a coke vs pepsi debate. :wink:

Thanks.

· Registered
3,557 Posts
A buddy of mine had an M3 and it ran like a top even with reduced recoil rounds. There is a BIG price difference between the M1 and the Nova. With the Nova, you can add an extended magazine but not on the M1/M3 unless you lose the pistol grip stock. There are a bunch of accessories out there for the M1/M3 but very little for the Nova...

I think you'd be happy with any one of them.

G

·
I own my Benelli M3 for about 1 year now.
My M3 have a straight stock, with rifle sight on it.
I also added the 2 round magazine extention to it.

Never had a malfunction with it.

· Registered
170 Posts
We ran a shotgun side match yesterday that had 5 ea. 8" dia plates spread out between 9 and 18 yds. One shooter with an M3 ran this in pump mode and shot it in 2.77 to win pump class. Next he switched it to auto and ran 2.00 to come in second in auto.

G

·
Seems to me like you should choose either a pump or a self loading. That way it can be designed to do one thing right rather than a series of compromises to do two things okay...

G

·
I was fortunate enough to have a friend in the gun biz. So I was able to get a M3 for a steal. My M3 doesn't like the low power rounds on auto mode, no problems on pump. It also depends on who the shooter is. Less experienced shooters tend to have more cycle problems, do to lack of shooting ability, I. E. stance, weapon control, trigger control, ect...also, you need to decide what you are going to do with the weapon...it is designed for military and law enforcement, you use it with breach charges on pump to blow a door, then you switch to auto, following with 00 Buck or slugs to clear the room. Also decide how much you are willing to spend, there is a signaficant price difference between a M1 and a M3; however the M3 also command a higher resale. :twisted:

G

·
lngbnestn said:
I was fortunate enough to have a friend in the gun biz. So I was able to get a M3 for a steal. My M3 doesn't like the low power rounds on auto mode, no problems on pump. It also depends on who the shooter is. Less experienced shooters tend to have more cycle problems, do to lack of shooting ability, I. E. stance, weapon control, trigger control, ect...also, you need to decide what you are going to do with the weapon...it is designed for military and law enforcement, you use it with breach charges on pump to blow a door, then you switch to auto, following with 00 Buck or slugs to clear the room. Also decide how much you are willing to spend, there is a signaficant price difference between a M1 and a M3; however the M3 also command a higher resale. :twisted:
Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

· Registered
3 Posts
I own a Benelli M3 with a 26" vent rib barrel. I have used it for Bird hunting in the muddy rice lands of the Philippines as well as shoot it every week end at the range. Its got plenty of choke tubes to choose from and very very forgiving for all sorts of shell. It even fire reload shot shells not readily acceptable to my friend's an MI. But then again maybe its my friend whose got a problem>

G

·
I got 2 when it started to look like they would be legislated out. 1 new thru a friend, one on the auction site(to good a price to pass up).

The ones I have don't seem to like light target loads, everything else feeds ok in auto mode.

I put modified side saddles, and 4 round m1 extension mags on them. Still no function problems with normal loads

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.