Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot skeet with my Benelli Nova Bantam 20ga for the first time with it in at least 8months (the Montefeltro has occupied most of my time). Halfway through my second round, the gun wouldn't ignite the primers. The shells were Winchester #8s going 1180fps, the primer dents were mild. It happend very abruptly, so I almost feel like ruling out that dirt was in the channel or the spring is weak. I don't think the firing pin broke, the pin still struck the primer if not a little too lightly.

Anybody have any experiance with this? I think the gun is out of warranty (5yrs old). What should I do?

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
I'd first take it apart and clean the bolt asm. Gunked up oil(mixture of dirt/dust and oil) would be the first place I'd be looking.

If this doesn't work, then give Benelli a call.

HWD

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cleaned it up after the shooting, the rotating bolt head is perminantly staked in there. I couldn't get it out to clean it, but it should be ok. I'm out to try it in a few hours.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It had problems again. I looked up the date of purchase, it would seem to be out of warrenty. Armed with that knowlege I polished the edges of the firing pin and clipped two coils from the bolt spring/firing pin return spring (one in the same). It should work now, I'll test it next tuesday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.