Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After browsing over shotguns for the past month I decided on the durable, reliant, and non-picky(2 3/4 to 3 1/2) Benelli Nova( synthetic black)(28" Barrel). My mother purchased it for me for christmas but I got to go actually pick it up and put it under my name. Some questions about this beautiful firearm.

1. Will it be ok sitting in the box for a month in a half until the 25th(took it out to show it to my grandmother)?

2. I plan on getting a magazine extender for it, does benelli make one for it?, if not whats a good brand?

3. I am debating over getting a recoil reducer/compensator for it... question is... do I need the 80$(give or take) bracket and Mercury recoil weight sold by benelli or is there a cheaper alternative to get a similar effect?

4. The barrel feels different then my .410 mossberg, I was wondering does it have some sort of weather resilient coating on it?

5. What choke that it comes with should I use for skeet/trap?

Thanks, and I am Happy to join the world of Benelli. :)

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
1) Yeah it'll be okay in the box. It's been in the box since it was shipped so anther 45 days ain't gonna hurt it. If ya take it out to fondle it ,be sure to wipe it off before returning to the box.
2) Don't know about an extender. My question is ,WHY? What's the purpose for having it? Do you shoot some kind of competition that requires you to have lots of shells in your shotgun? Capacity should be 5 without the plug.
3) I've heard goods and bads on the factory reducer. There is a recoil pad availalbe for it that's much better than the factory plastic thing. I think LimbSaver makes it.
4) The coating on there IS NOT impervious to weather. It needs less care than a standard blued finish but does need care.
5) Your shotgun should have come with 3 chokes...Imp cyl, Modified, & full. The improved cylinder is the most open of these three. You can buy skeet chokes from BassPro, Cabelas, Sportsmans warhouse and stores of this nature.

If you're half as happy with yours as I am mine then you'll be grinning while shooting it. Don't get all GUNGHO about shooting the 3.5'' shells from it. Too many in one time will leave ya flinching badly.

HWD

·
Registered
402 Posts
#2 Benelli no longer offers magazine extended magazines. There are aftermarket ones but the finishes do not match exactly. I happen to have an original Benelli Nova extension kit for a nova I sold.

#3 Skip the reducer, the guns weight is enough to make it comfortable to shoot with normal loads with proper technique. Nothing really makes 3.5" shels comfortable (except for an Extrema2 w/KO)

#5 Either buy a skeet choke for it or just use the IMP CYL choke it came with for skeet. For Trap put in the MOD for 16yds if you shoot quick or the Full if you are a novice and take a bit longer to get on target.

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
If you want to tame the recoil from the 3.5 in roman candles, I recommend the Limbsaver recoil pad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts