Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a slight price difference but besides that what do you think is a better gun? Also what gun would you buy?

Thanks so much for any input!

Andrew

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
These are both fine shotguns along with about 5 others in the price range. I personally own an 870, 28", 3", Wood Express that I dearly love and have shot just about everything with.

If I were buying a new pump today though I'd probably get the Nova just for all of the new features on it and the ability to strip this thing down to nothing in about 30 seconds without any tools.

Just my two pennies.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Ok, I'm losing it--I swear I just answered this same question in the general forum. Anyway, I'll repeat what I said there. Both are fine utility guns. I happen to have had about six different 870's at one time or another, and they've all proved wonderfully dependable. In 20 ga they don't kick hard at all, especially with light game loads. So I'd buy the 870 just because I have experience with it. That said, there are alot of Benelli fans on this board, and they speak equally enthusiastically about the Nova. Go to the store, put em up to your shoulder, and see how you feel. Sleep on it a day, make your decision, and enjoy!

Come back and let us know how it comes out 8)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Jeff, you're not losing it, buddy. I've seen identical or very similar threads scattered all over the board. But you know I'm going to say... NOVA. Andrew, check it out in the gunshop, if you like it, buy it. It won't let you down. That said, the same is true of the 870, M500, Win1200, HK FP6, Ithaca 37, BPS.

Buy the one that fits your budget, sensibilities and shoulder. For me it's the Benelli.

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.