Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good all around sport shotgun. I'm mainly going to be doing trap. My school is starting up a trap team this year, and for christmas I want to get a good shotgun. I was thinking about a benelli supersport. Are they worth the money?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
They are excellent. Trim, soft on the shoulder and my 11 year old loves them, in 12 ga. I am almost ready to part with my 1100 Sporting Clays for one...almost.

The kid is saving her money to see who gets the next one first--the kid or me :wink:

Get the Super Sport with adjustable comb, make sure that it has the Comfortech stock and that it fits you in LOP. With the adjustable comb, when you move on to Sporting Clays or Skeet you can pretty much use the same gun.

Price is steep--about 1400 or so dollars here.

·
Banned
8,378 Posts
I bought my son one then I had to have one. For sporting clays and trap I consider them superior to the 1100(which I think is the best auto ever made). In skeet I wouldn`t turn my hand over for the difference as both are good. I am VERY pleased with the supersports but I will have to admit not nearly so as I have been pleased with the cynergy`s. If buying a high end auto I`d buy another supersport today with no reservations about it at all. Its a fine gun.

·
Banned
2,771 Posts
Get an 870 Trap Grade and spend the next $500 to $700 that you saved in shells. You will become a better trap shooter much more quickly that way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts