Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well I've not shot it personaly, but my shooting buddy has one.. He's having trouble cycleing any of the loads he's tried.. Everything from hot target loads, to game loads, it just dosn't seem to want keep recycleing.. Not every time, BUT, just enough time to frustrate him.. GOOD LUCK..

·
Registered
885 Posts
domblklab said:
Has anyone shot the Benelli Vinci, to any extent? I was wondering how it recycles different types of loads.
I wish I had a gun that would recycle different loads! :D

To your question, I have not shot a Vinci. That said, all of the Benellis I have seen (and owned) and shot in the past several years have no problems handling 1200 fps 1oz loads, if properly maintained. I have every reason to believe that the same is true of the Vinci. People seem to obsess on what will and what won't cycle light loads. Most good quality semi-autos will handle these without much if any problems, including Benelli, Beretta, and Browning, again assuming the gun is reasonably cared for. Remington field guns are a bit more problematic, but can often be tweaked to perform well with light loads, too.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I got to shoot about 100 rounds through one last week, and it cycled 1 1/8 oz 3 dram loads without a hangup, and it is a fairly good gun, but I wouldn't buy it. The only thing I really like about the Vinci is the Inline ID system. It is easier to give a complete cleaning because you don't have to take apart the recoil tube which involves removing the butt stock and recoil pad. For now I will stick w/ my M2. If they make one I can get stuff like mag extensions recoil pads for etc and I find an acceptable price on a clean used one I might buy one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.