Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very funny story happened over the weekend. I was at a winter sporting clays event with my good friend. I took along my Cordorba that I had shot less than 10 rounds in. I even took 1 oz. loads to really put the test to the gun. (by the way, only one jam and it was probably because the shell was in poor condition). Anyway, each station we are to shoot ten birds. The group ahead of us is going slow with one loud mouth holding up things.
After shooting 2 out of 10, he looks at me and the gun I'm carrying and decides to go off on me. He's complaining that Benelli's are overpriced and aren't worth the money. And besides that shoot like crap. I just smiled and waited my turn. When I was done, I had gotten 9 out of 10. I looked at the jerk and just said, "funny... gun works for me". His buddies laughed and I never heard another peep.
Suffice it to say, I love my benelli!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Like i always said...If you takecare of the gun the benelli will give you a lifetime of service..i'm in and out of alot of forums and 99% of the problems are guys not taking care of them...i can't see guys spending 1200 and up for a Benelli and not taking care of them and then bad mouthing the gun...by the way my SBE 2 shoots like a dream and the quality of the weapon is second to none...Honkers41!

·
Registered
224 Posts
My SBE will cycle the cheapest lightest skeet loads every time. It is my main duck hunting gun so the camo finish is wearing thin and chiped in spots, but the inside is bright and shiny. I clean my gun every weekend of duck season. (most of the time it really needs it). If I ever buy another one I will probably get the standard black. The casual observer would probably think my Benelli is not taken care of. Trust me, their Remington, Berreta, Browning gas gun would have long since bit the dust.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Benelli's are great guns. I have come to the conclusion that if someone comes on here and says there gun will not cycle. It is a sign that they are lazy and don't keep up on the gun maintenance. I have never had a problem with a clean gun cycling. If mine failed to cycle a shell I took it home and cleaned and lubed it and poof. the problem went away. Just my thoughts and don't care if it makes um mad.

·
Registered
640 Posts
:lol: Lazy might be a bit harsh. Maybe more like ignorant(simply meaning lack of knowledge). It seems a lot of guys go from a pump that doesn't require much attention to an auto that does require some attention. I have only owned autos but I did have one that I couldn't get to cycle in cold weather(15 or less). I cleaned it a lot but ended up trading it for a benelli and haven't looked back since. In fact, I am the proud owner of a new m1 20 ga. even though I gave all brands a fair chance I just couldn't get away from benelli.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts