Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
That stock shows cast off and would in normal situations be for a right hand shooter and not for a left hander. Cast off is moving the stock centerline away from the face side of a right hand shooting. Cast on is moving it towards the face of a right hand shooter. That stock has cast off.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Rollin Oswald said:
LBT45,

Now you have two opinions. (One of them is correct.)

Customstox: Chic, are you sure?
Rollin, there is no doubt in my mind. If you project a line from the ramp of the rib through the tang, it is obvious that the stock is to the right of that line. That makes it cast off. The term does not change if you are left handed, it is based on a right hand shooter.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
leomat, project a line thru the center of the rib ramp down thru the center of the tang and see where that lies in regards to the stock. I see that line lying to the right of the line down the center of the comb (top of the stock).

I alao agree with DES that it appears that someone may have sanded or filed the left side of the stock away to create some space but the right side does not look neutral to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.