Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Hi All:

As I see this stock, it is bent to the LEFT!

How can we look at the same thing and have two different opinions as to which way the stock is bent?

For many years, I was taught that a stock that has been bent to the right has CAST OFF and bent to the left has CAST ON!

I have a gun that has 1/2' bend to the right and it was bent for a right handed shooter. He called it cast off.

I must google cast off stocks.

Let's hear from other people! lol

Good luck,

Leomat

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Hi Chick:

I visulize a line coming through the rib in a straight line to the end of the recoil pad that would be th centre line of the gun or the long axis. The stock appears to me to be bent to the left of that line, thus creating what I call cast on.

Is this what you see?

Thanks for your input,

Leomat

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Hi All:

If the centre line of the gun is passing through the butt stock on the left side of the recoil pad, then I have a severe vision problem! This problem is called visual discrimination deficit. In this case, mine is 180 degrees from the norm. lol

All I need is another learning disability! lol

Now I understand why I have a problem hitting flying objects! I must be leading them too far to the rear.

Good shooting,

Leomat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.