Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into a new auto for sporting clays and started looking at the 391 teknys. I was wondering if anyone here anything good or bad to say about this gun. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own a Tekny 391 , I use it for clays and hunting,
Fits me nicely, recoil not bad at all. Ive shot about 3000 rounds
so far no problems, everything from trap loads , to 3 inch
bb for waterfowl.

Murph

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
You might ask this down in the Beretta forum as well, I'm pretty simple and a gun performs a task for me, so I would choose a 391 Urika Optima rather than a Teknys---a bit cheaper and you don't have that blue stuff falling off the sides. :roll:

But......different strokes.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just bought a Teknys Gold Sporting 30" today. I only had time to shoot 2 rounds of skeet because I had to go somewhere for an appointment. It was a sweet shooting gun. One guy told me the gun looked "gawdy" because of the silver receiver with the blue inlay. Another guy told me it was the most beautiful automatic he'd ever seen. I'll tell you this, it shoots really well. I wanted to practice sporting clays shots so I shot the whole round, every station from low gun and doubles from every station except for High 8. I even shot doubles from Low 8. I shot a 20 and a 21. Not too bad for first time out with a new gun. I was shooting Estate shells and it felt like I was shooting my Ruger 10-22. There was little to no recoil whatsoever.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a Teknys Gold Trap and I really enjoyed it. I had no problems with it when I took it out today and ran it through about 150 rounds. I have heard that some of the Teknys models may have issues with shells not feeding properly, but I did not experience any issues with my gun. Perhaps Beretta has corrected this issue? My gun has some of the most beautiful wood I have ever seen on a semi. I would recommend it highly.

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
I know of at least two that have had major problems with the silver metal finish flaking off. One of those was eventually replaced by Beretta. Seems that many have trouble with the blue, glued on emblems falling off too. :?

·
Registered
433 Posts
If you get the Teknys non gold the enamel is not there, just the place where it would have been. I have bothe the gold field and sporting and have not had an ounce of problems w/ either after about 5,000 rds. each. While neither of them has much recoil, the sporting model w/ recoil reducer in the stock does have somewhat less than the field model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts