Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,905 Posts
Beretta barrels are not normally interchangeable from gun to gun. They almost always require fitting by a gunsmith who knows what he is doing.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
What the OP is asking is will gold E barrels fit the wider frame of a super sport. Yes, Beretta barrels must be fit as well as the ejectors timed. One of the best to ask would be Cole gunsmithing.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Actually, any 68x barrel will fit on any 68x receiver. Fitting and timing of the ejectors may be required. I have 3 682 receivers that the barrels exchange with no problem. One is even a 680 unsingle barrel bought off the internet fits 2 of them.

If the Super Sport has been shot a lot an had the locking pins changed then a new 682E barrel will not fit unless the smaller locking pins are put back.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the input and what I expected. Sounds like buying and having barrels fitted to a 682 is getting close to the cost of a nice used 682. I would be better off with two guns rather than one gun with two barrels. Now I have another excuse to buy another gun safe too.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Joel Etchen has barrels listed now. Good spot to look at the prices. My guess is about $1500 before you are done fitting and shipping. My friend just had 32" barrels fitted to his 682. He uses it for hunting with the original 28 and for sporting clays with the new long barrels. I have not seen many nice 682'S that are real cheap. Might depend upon how much you really like your present gun.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
DO NOT have Etchen's fit your barrels, bought a set of used barrels, they didn't time the ejectors right. I bought a sub gauge gun and figured since I was going there I would have them do the work rather than shipping it to Cole gunsmithing. Go to Cole's much better and fast turn around. The point being, pay now or pay later....

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Some barrels may work, but most won't without fitting. Cole's is king for Beretta.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Bop4 said:
Thanks for everyone's input. I just bought another 682 so no longer in the market for new barrels.
That is one way to handle it! :wink:
You won't be sorry you got a back up 682.

·
Registered
12,905 Posts
If you ever do buy sub gauge barrels for your 12 gauge frame, you will probably need to have the inertia triggers lightened.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.