Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help. I recently purchased a Beretta 682 Gold Sport O/U Shotgun.

Out of the box it ejects spent hulls. In the manual which came with the gun it mentions a switch to change between "ejector" and "extractor", however I can't find the dumb thing anywhere.

I would greatly appreciate anyones feedback who owns or has experience with the gun.

thanks

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
bring it to a gunsmith to have the spring taken out of the ejector for it into a extractor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, that sounds kind of permanent. However, I guess that I would prefer this over picking up hulls all day long off of the ground.

thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Easiest thing to do is to open the gun, cover the spent cartridges with your hand (around 1-2 inches away) and 'catch' them as they are ejected - no fumbling, no pick ups!!! :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 682 Gold E Sporting, and it doesnt have the switch you are talking about either, I seen that also in the manual, but I think they are refering to the DT model.
Randy

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was reading another thread and found out how to dissassemble mine. You push the ejector in about half way and watching out for the nasty spring so as not to launch it, twist the ejector so that the bottem moves away from the barrel. Nice, so I can now clean there once in a while. I'd still like to change it to Extract and not Eject.

Would simply replacing the spring with a shorter one do the trick? I'm guessing it still needs to be a strong spring to break the spent hull out of the chamber, just shorter?

Any other idea or preferred methods available for the Beretta 686 E?

Thanks

Barry (2)

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
BerettaBrains said:
Easiest thing to do is to open the gun, cover the spent cartridges with your hand (around 1-2 inches away) and 'catch' them as they are ejected - no fumbling, no pick ups!!! :D
I agree completely. It is quicker and easier to do that than to pull the shells out of a gun with extractors. It takes a little practice, but it didn't take me one whole round of sporting clays to perfect the technique.

Even when I am saving hulls for reloading, I would rather have ejectors than extractors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts