Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to this board and have a question. I am going to purchase this shotgun for some ATA and was wondering if anyone has had any good or bad experiances with this model.
I am getting it for 1500 as new in the box, it was the demo gun for beretta at a show. I am not to fond of the fact that there are not screw in chokes but it is set up for full and I/M which are fine and it has the adj. stock with ported barrels. Is this a good deal for this price range and what do you think of this gun.

Thanks in advance for all your help

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
I dont use Beretta O/U's.

G

·
I had a 682 Gold, high rib o/u in 30". Good solid gun, did'nt like the felt recoil. Traded it for a XT Trap in 30" and have improved my doubles scores. To me, the Citori has better bluing and slightly better fit/finish and for sure, better wood (beretta barnwood). I do like the fixed chokes on guns, but the XT seems to pattern well. The $1500. is about right, however, beretta or browning adjust stock hardware is of lesser quality than aftermarket (Country Gentleman, etc.). Ask the sellerif you can shoot the gun 50-100 rounds and see how it feels. To me, the Browning sight plane fits me better (6-1,200). Caution: check to see if there is any galling (wear) at the forend metal at the hinge. If there is any slight wear, have them replace. Also check for any wear on pin itself, I have see guys shoot a new o/u without lube and after 100-200 rounds, find out they have scored the metal. Good shooting, Jim
Ditto on the Lanber 2097, it's a steel receiver. Disagree with above poster on needing to spend more $ for a higher priced gun. Higher prices do not equal better score. Better made guns I'll give you, but I always am amazed at the frequent breakdowns of a Perazzi, Kreighoff, or yes, even a Kolar. Besides, it feels better when I park my 30 year old 870TB next to a Perazzi after posting a winning score. Excuse the rant.....

G

·
i shoot a 682x and love it the top single barrel is 32" and use a im choke its a good combo you should see alot of targets explode . i also had a citri it kicked harder and didnt mpattern as well . the wood i thought was cheap and the overall gun didnt wear well

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
I've got a S682x unsingle that is not new, but is tighter than a hatch on a submarine. I'm not completly used to it yet, but it is inded a well made gun. No, it isn't fancy like some of the Berettas nor does it have presentation grade wood. Not barn quality either. Mine has had a set of Colonial tubes installed in it and is a 34" barrel. Came with a release trigger that I had changed back to a pull trigger. Unless I gave way too much for my 682, your deal sounds very good to me.

BP

·
Registered
10 Posts
:D I shoot a 682X, I stay in the mid 90's with it. But you can have it when I'am DEAD !!!!

ONE BIRD ONE SHELL DON'T COUNT TILL IT'S OVER !!

G

·
i have a 682x combo its an older gun . ilove it its a well shooting gun it comes with a top single but i am looking for an unsingle barrel for it . if anyone has one please contact me at [email protected] thank you

·
Registered
285 Posts
Elliot, I noticed the date of the origional post on this thread -- May 28th.

Please share with us what the outcome of your decision was and, if you did purchase it, how have you been shooting with it?

That is, if you are still around.

Thanks.

G

·
I own a 682x combo unsingle 34" its a great shooting gun have broken alkot of target s with this gun. couldnt have asked for a better gun .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Beretta 682 Gold and its my first trap gun! I love it so much! I have broke 200 strait with it in singles and 98 in handicap. Its trully a great gun! Beretta's cant be beat for the price! They are just as good as Kolars Kriegoffs Perrazi's etc. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts