Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to forum and sporting clays. I just bought a Baretta A 300 for clays. What choke do you guys prefer? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
27,074 Posts
WHICH clay games are you wanting to shoot? What chokes came with the gun? Take whatever ammo you're using and hit the pattern board to see what results you get.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Run the factory chokes, break some clays and have some fun! Enjoy the new gun! For clays I shoot Pure Gold chokes in a .15 and .20 constriction, seems to work just fine for me, and I have taken three ducks this year with the .15 thousands.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Most clays (and birds) in my experience are close enough for an IC choke. But experiment and have fun with it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Slugo said:
Sporting Clays = Mod, Skeet = SK, Trap = IM, Handicap Trap = F
I agree here. I have found that something about the heat and humidity in AL does
effect the pattern and allows me to shoot a slightly more open restriction at skeet than
my family members that shoot in other parts of the country. YMMV

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I've been running two pure golds in my A300, a .15 and a .20 and I have been able to knock down a good amount of ducks and break a very fair amount of clays.

If you wanted to try some aftermarket choke tubes, there are a good amount of them for sale here and or on other forums, just remember you need mobile choke.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.