Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a 20ga A300 last week and have put about 200 rds through it. So far very reliable all 7/8oz loads 100% feed and function. What is surprising , to me anyway is it's ability to handle 3/4oz 1150fps loads almost 100%! I shot 2 rds of skeet with my 3/4oz. load (Rem GC hull/11.7 red dot/chedditte) and only had 3 failures to eject and feed! So much for the good. Trigger started out at close to 7lbs and is now a tolerable 5 lbs but with a lot of initial take up and creep which messes with my timing. I'm not a fussy trigger type but the trigger moving over 1/8" before actually engaging is distracting. The plastic cover on the bolt closer fell off in the second round and I think I'll leave it off before I loose it, the metal bar underneath works just fine . Finally IMO the front bead is way too big. Took it off and moved the center bead to the front. It's a little small but better than that root beer barrel that was on it. The KO unit and the ability to vary the LOP is a good idea. In general I like it but time will tell if it stays or goes. My $.02

·
Registered
195 Posts
Purchased a 20ga A300 last week and have put about 200 rds through it. So far very reliable all 7/8oz loads 100% feed and function. What is surprising , to me anyway is it's ability to handle 3/4oz 1150fps loads almost 100%! I shot 2 rds of skeet with my 3/4oz. load (Rem GC hull/11.7 red dot/chedditte) and only had 3 failures to eject and feed! So much for the good. Trigger started out at close to 7lbs and is now a tolerable 5 lbs but with a lot of initial take up and creep which messes with my timing. I'm not a fussy trigger type but the trigger moving over 1/8" before actually engaging is distracting. The plastic cover on the bolt closer fell off in the second round and I think I'll leave it off before I loose it, the metal bar underneath works just fine . Finally IMO the front bead is way too big. Took it off and moved the center bead to the front. It's a little small but better than that root beer barrel that was on it. The KO unit and the ability to vary the LOP is a good idea. In general I like it but time will tell if it stays or goes. My $.02
I love mine. Sounds to me like you got what you paid for and more. Best bargain going IMO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We picked up a 12 gauge version the other day so our son could come shoot with us. It did pretty well for us as well, so did he for that matter. Our's failed to eject almost every round using [email protected] factoey loads , but was 100% with 1-1/8 [email protected] target/field loads. I'm hoping it will break in and run the lighter loads, my other 12 gauge is only about 6.5# and I don't want to have to stock different loads for each.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
We picked up a 12 gauge version the other day so our son could come shoot with us. It did pretty well for us as well, so did he for that matter. Our's failed to eject almost every round using [email protected] factoey loads , but was 100% with 1-1/8 [email protected] target/field loads. I'm hoping it will break in and run the lighter loads, my other 12 gauge is only about 6.5# and I don't want to have to stock different loads for each.
My buddy got an A300 Outlander and it would not cycle 1 ounce 1150 fps loads when new. It was flawless with 1 oz 1290 fps loads and 1 1/8 ounce 1200 fps loads. He shot the gun a bunch with the faster and heavier loads. Now it will cycle the 1 ounce 1150 fps loads with no issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My buddy got an A300 Outlander and it would not cycle 1 ounce 1150 fps loads when new. It was flawless with 1 oz 1290 fps loads and 1 1/8 ounce 1200 fps loads. He shot the gun a bunch with the faster and heavier loads. Now it will cycle the 1 ounce 1150 fps loads with no issues.
I'm glad to hear that. I just picked up some [email protected] loads hoping that they will both feed them correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts