Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to pick up a Light Modified choke for my Beretta A400 Xcel Sporting, but wasn't sure what to try. I've got a Muller Skeet choke that has been great. Never tried Briley or Xtreme.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
27,482 Posts
I love my Trulocks for my A400s and DT-11; they just do a great job and their customer service is great. Last year I ordered two new chokes from them online on Thanksgiving Day and I received them that Saturday. You can call and actually talk to people immediately - and for me, they are basically "local" as they are maybe 18 miles from my house just over the state line

·
Registered
272 Posts
The three Beretta black extended chokes that came with my 2020 Xcel Black are good chokes...a -0.010" IC, a -0.020" Mod and a -0.025" IM. I've since added a -0.015" matching Beretta LM that shoots patterns between the IC and Mod just as it should. Also bought a Briley -0.005" Sk as no Berettas were available. Friend had an extra Beretta -0.000" Cylinder and -0.035" Full that he about gave away so I have those as well.

I shoot the Sk for skeet, and mostly the IC for sporting, with a rare use of the Cyl, Sk, LM and Mod. All the chokes do what the constrictions say they should do, with no issues with the Beretta chokes. I think they are equal to Brileys (my opinion based on close range patterning.)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The only Beretta choke on their website that comes in Light Modified is the black DLC. I guess I’d be okay with that. I’m looking at the Muller U2 and Briley Spectrum

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a Cole Precision. Picked up a Pure Gold on eBay and plan to pattern it.

The Cole choke is by far the "tightest" fitting choke I've owned for any shotgun. In this a400, it stays very tight and does not loosen like my Carlson mobil chokes do in other guns.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Beretta chokes work great. They come in all steel, black, and with a colored band like the Briley.

People buy other brands because they look cool, or it’s an American thing, like buying aftermarket accessories to personalize your truck. So another good looking choke is the ARC series from comp n choke.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'd like to pick up a Light Modified choke for my Beretta A400 Xcel Sporting, but wasn't sure what to try. I've got a Muller Skeet choke that has been great. Never tried Briley or Xtreme.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
I no longer trust my Carlson's choke tubes to provide appropriate constrictions to match their markings. My set for a 20 gauge Beretta measures a full choke constriction tighter than how they are marked. For example both Skeet chokes measure 0.010" constriction, what would be normal for Improved Cylinder. This miss-marking or miss-boring is consistent across the set, right up to Full. OTOH, I'm very happy with my Briley chokes tubesl

1 - 20 of 69 Posts