Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me about the reliabilty of the Beretta AL2 I found a 12 Ga. Vant rib 28 inch barrel (full choke) used in good shape. For about $300.00 before I buy it I was wondering how it would hold up. compared to modern autoloaders.

Thanks

Jon H. :?:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iv'e had that exact gun for over 25 years and it has worked well. You need to keep the gas piston clean or it will jam. My gun has jammed only once and that was when it was -20 F and not very clean. Otherwise, it works really well. $300 is a great deal and I'd buy it right now for that price.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have used my AL-2 Mag every year since the Fall of 1975. No problems until this season. I had a $30 part break. Got it replaced the next day and went back to hunting.
\
Jim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did a search and found out that a lot of guys got thier AL-2 the same way I got mine - through inheritance. :(

Mine is a 20 ga. Any ideas as to how much it maybe worth?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This shotgun was my grand dads and is my dads and someday will be mine. We have another barrel for it.. The long barrel is still factory blued and mint. The entire shotgun is mint. Before I go into pictures I must say one thing about Beretta shotguns. We only cleaned this shotgun maybe once a year if that. We NEVER cleaned the receiver what so ever. About a year ago I decided that the whole shotgun needed cleaned since we've had it for 30 years. I found the manual online. (**this shotgun NERVER in all the time my whole family has had it jamed EVER*)

So I find the pdf manual online and pull the charging handle straight out like the manual says... Talk about a mess inside it was so dity I was in awe but the shotgun still fired like it was brand new! Talk about a great gun!!!! Anyways thought i'd share my fav bird gun with you. here's the pictures enjoy!

Receiver is still factory buled.

below shows on the end of the barrel what it all looks like under normal light minus the flash.. Pretty :)

Isn't she bad ***.. I didnt cork the barrel on this because I think once I shoot it that the paint will come off and I didnt over spray much. Besides I'm never going to sell her.. Isnt she bad!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.