Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my local gun store and he had a Teknys there from what I understand is that right now it is just over in the European market. He special ordered it for a guy who has not picked it up, so now he is selling it. I shouldered it and totally love it. It is light at 6.6lbs and really really pretty. The wood is gorgous and the nickeled reciever is looks great with the light wood. Has any one shot this gun? I know it is basically the AL391 Urika but are there any real differences? I was looking for a new hunting gun and this is nicer than what I was looking for but I just can't stop thinking about it.Here is a link with some great pics of the gun. This is priced at $1059.00 used the one I am looking at is $849 new.www.collectorsfirearms.com/s619.htm They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
The wood on those guns that I have seen in pics are all outstanding, how does the one in hand compare?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OH YEAH :eek They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

·
Registered
332 Posts
It appears the wood grain is not all that it appears to be. It looks like that new proccess where a film is used to get the affect, same as the camo stocks are done. I've seen the Onyx model with the proccess, looks great!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
john,what price did the guy at capitol quote for you? i'll be going past there on friday so i could stop in and check it out for ya.give me an excuse to go to the gun store. "The early bird gets the worm ,but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese!"

·
Registered
12 Posts
looked at one today. The "wood" you see is not really wood but a picture of one of their select wood samples that has been overlayed onto a junk hardwood core. It is called x-tra wood. You can tell the "Xtra wood" from real wood by a trademark on the grip cap area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.