Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a shotgun that will handle both light 2 3/4 and heavy 3" loads. I've narrowed it down to these two, I think.
If there are any others please mention them also.

Thanks

G

·
ozark said:
If there are any others please mention them also.
Now you are looking for trouble. Everybody is going to make a different suggestion and you'll be lost. You should stick to your question and get an answer to that one.
As for me it is definetely the Beretta 391

·
Registered
578 Posts
Don't know much about the Weatherby, but I am very pleased with my Beretta 391 Urica Gold Sporting.
I was lucky enough to buy it slightly used from a member of our club who had only put about four boxes of shells through it.
He decided he shot his 686 o/u better than the semi auto. I don't think he gave the 391 a fair evaluation.Kind of glad it turned out this way as I saved a substantial amount over the cost of a new gun.

Rod.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a beretta over under and was one of the worst experience having that gun.

Now I sold that gun and bought a Fabarm. I already tried STL MODEL and operates wonderfully

G

·
391 owner here too.

The Weatherby SAS isn't really in the same league as the Beretta.

Get the 391.

If you decide on the Weatherby----check out CDNN---they have Japanese(SKB) SAS's for like $469 or there abouts.

The newer SAS's are Italian----I think.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
If you want a great gun get Beretta if you want a good gun and save money get Weatherby

G

·
Go Beretta! I was looking at these two guns as well. After handling both, I definatley thought the Beretta felt better and also seemed more solid. The salesman did tell me though that the internal's of the SAS were the same as the Beretta!?
Not sure if thats true or not. Anyway, I went with the Beretta AL-391 Urika and never looked back. I've shot about 300 rounds through it. Mostly 2 3/4 light field loads but also a box of 3in mag's while Teal hunting. Not one Jam or hang up. When people say a 391 will shoot anything....believe them, it seems to be a true statement.

I say if you have the extra money....go Beretta. If you want to save a few dollars....go Weatherby SAS. Remember, the SAS hasn't been around long, so it may have some issues people haven't discoverd yet. Probably un-likely though. Weatherby makes a fine gun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts