Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello -

I'm new to this forum. Thanks in advance for your advice.

I just purchased a BL-3. It looks to be in really excellent condition. This is my first O/U. When I inspected it, there were cuts near the firing pin the are in the shape of a triangle. They angle in to each firing pin and meet a at a point near the edge of the receiver. They look absolutely straight and intentional. I have never seen this on any of the newer Berettas I've handled (not many). Is this normal to this model, or is there something wrong with this particular gun. I would appreciate any information. I don't have pictures at the moment, but could post them tomorrow.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Barnett.

I ended up calling Beretta. They put me in touch with one of their service centers that deals with the older models. They confirmed this was a manufacturing feature of the BL-3, but also didn't know the purpose.

They were very friendly and helpful. I'm copying their contact info if anyone has questions or needs related to the older models.

Cole Gunsmithing Inc.(Florida Facility)
5740 Shirley Street
Naples, FL 34109
Phone: (239) 352-0345
Fax: (239) 352-0345
Please call for shipping instructions.

Shotguns Only. Specializing in premium shotgun repair ( SO/ ASE/ DT-10)
and repair of all over under models, current and obsolete; BL, 680 series
etc. No service for handguns or rifles

·
Registered
293 Posts
The 1969-1970 Garcia Booklet states: "On the front face of the breech, for example, tiny grooves have been machined from the primer area to the outside of the gun, to allow gas to escape in case of a primer failure." Hope this helps.
Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.