Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys (and Ladies), My Beretta Gold Super Sporting has a problem: my gun quit shooting the upper bbl and a gent looked at it & told me it was a modular spring(?). He replaced it- it shot fine for 200 rds (I was at the IN Sporting Clays Championship). At home I assembled my gun, ran a bore snake through it, put in my snap caps, released the triggers, and went to open the gun and it won't open all the way- maybe 3/4s. I chek'd the forearm screws all tight, but noticed it wouldn't cock the triggers. Now for some reason I thought I'd bump the stock and guess what? Yep it opened like it was supposed to and cocked the triggers. Release the triggers (w/the snap caps in) and the problem arises again. What the heck? Is this something easy or do I need to send it to Coles? Thx.

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Probably replaced the pawl block spring. Easy, if you know how. I suppose if he got the arm in wrong it could prevent the hammers from cocking properly. If it were me, I'd pull the butt stock off and observe what it's doing. A competent gunsmith shouldn't have any problem with it.

One of my friends has a 687EELL that was getting hard to open and at times would not open at all. Turned out the forearm levers were loose. They should have no sideplay at all. If they do they will bind on the ejectors and lock the gun up. If this is the problem, take off the forearm wood, look for a small set screw that locks the pivot pin in place. Push the pivot pin in and tighten the set screw.

ETA: If you don't know a decent gunsmith, there is nothing wrong with sending it to Coles. The Florida shop is closed for the month of August. You'd have to check with the Maine shop to see if they can do the work there.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE: I sent the 682 to Coles and was told it was the spring that my friend replaced, it was installed wrong. Also the gunsmith said that it needed a oversized locking bolt, so I told him to go ahead. That was at 8:47 (Thursday) AM, I get a call from Coles saying my gun was finished and would be shipped out that day, it was 11:30 AM- SAME DAY!!!!! I sent that gun on a Monday and got it back the following Tuesday. It was after all a Holiday weekend! I haven't shot the gun yet BUT man is it tight!!!! Kudos to Coles (Maine)!! They did tighten/adjust the forearm iron as well! Btw they did a restock for me 2 years ago & it went to FL ans was back within 2 weeks!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.