Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a beautiful Model AL-2 12 gage but am not familiar with this gun. Owner wants around $400.00 for it. I'd like to use it for field and occasional trap. It has a 28" modified choke and a vent rib. Wood is very good, and I like pretty wood. My question is would this older Beretta hold up and are parts and service available in the US? Thanks

·
Registered
655 Posts
Well, Levi, here is what my book says about the AL-2:

Manufactured between 1968 and 1975. Engraved receiver (1968 version, 12 gauge, had no engraving). Chambered for 2.75 or 3.00 inch shells. Three shot magazine. Weight between 6.5 and 7.25 lbs depending on gauge and barrel length.

Plain receiver in excellent condition: $250 - 300
Engraved Receiver in excellent condition: $400 - 450

Beretta has been around since the 1500's and they make a quality product. Check out their website at:

www.berettausa.com and see what you think.

Only you can determine if the gun in question is worth what the seller is asking.

Good luck

G

·
Bought an AL2 in 1974. Mine has had thousands of rounds through it. Extremely reliable. Don't know about parts. None have ever failed on my gun. The wood on this gun is simply fantastic.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I still shoot my Dads AL2 he purchased in 1970. Engraved, 28" Mod. vent rib. We haveshot at least 10000 rounds thru it, never had a problem or mishap, and it is still the best looking shotgun in my cabinet. Pay the $400 you wont be sorry.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
BigJohn said:
All 300 seriies barrels fit the AL2 and many of the parts are the same as well as the browning B80
That may be true up through the 390, but 391 barrels do not fit the others.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a AL-2 plus I have the 28" barrel, as well as the 32" Trap barrell with it. It is the best shotgun I have ever shot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 12 gauge al-2 and someone told me that i cant shot slugs out of it because it is full choke? i have only used this gun for fowl hunts and i there are a few spots i want to hunt deer at this year but it is only shotgun. Is there anything that i cant shot with this gun. anyone with some info that would be great, thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts