Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I purchased a beretta 390 a while back and have had flawless performance. However, where the recoil pad is located is just a piece of plastic. This is a 390 Walmart. I looked on the Beretta site and they have nice gel recoil pads that should fit right on with very little work and are not grind to fit. I was wondering if anyone has ordered one from beretta and how they liked it. In addition, I was wondering how the fit is. I know alot of people who buy better Remington recoil pads (or other companies) for more comfortable shooting, and they have to grind it down or the fit is unsatisfactory even though the pad claims to fit with out any adjustment. Thanks in advance. This site is awesome.

Dave

·
Registered
203 Posts
I put a sims limbsaver pad on mine that I bought from Natchez Shooters Supply. I swapped straight across, no grinding to fit or anything like that. I love it. Zero complaints. That plastic plate ain't no fun to shoot alot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yep - I have the same Walmart 390 - go with the Limbsaver 5" pad...you can use the same screws that are already in your gun. No grinding.

S

·
Premium Member
11,274 Posts
don't forget that whatever pad you get it could change your LOP (length of pull).i think the Limbsaver's are 1.5 inches thick so that may be a good thing or bad thing for you. :D

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Kraiza said:
Get the Beretta recoil pad. They work and bolt right on. They come in 2sizes and colors.
I agree... the gel tek pad is great... it's not as "squishy" as some other pads, but it works just as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Pads really area a matter of preference...
Hopper makes a good point about LOP....I have a 391 and have 2 different pads that change the LOP......If you get something that bolts on give the thickness of the pad a consideration as well :p

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for the feedback. I really appreciate it. Im going to go to gander mountain tomorrow and check out the limbsaver. I really am looking for the pad that will change my LOP the least. I was looking on Beretta's website and they don't have the small gel- tek pad available. I am going to call about it.

Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts