Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just about to buy my first O/U, the Beretta Silver Pigeon II 12 ga (field). I'm interested to hear from anyone who owns this gun as to how they like it.

Also I haven't completely decided on the barrel length 26 or 28. I was thinking 28 but it seems to swing smooth with the 26 so I don't see the point of the extra two inches. Any comments?

It will be used mainly as an upland gun.

Thanks in advance!

G

·
My wife bought one for me this summer, yes she is special. I can not say enough good about it. I have been on three dove shoots and shot skeet several times. Mine is a twelve and after reading the post I got it in a 26", if I had it to do again I would get the same gun.

G

·
Chinaski, you are partly right, but Beretta has been in business since 1526, thats 477 years! This makes them the oldest manufacturing company in the world.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm going to shoot mine today at the local trap club and check it out. Received it a week ago and am anxious to shoot it.
I posted come pics in the shotgun gallery of it if you care to see them. Mine has the 28" barrel.
I'll let you know how I like it after I shoot it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
My wife got one and loves it.
That gun gets more attantion then I do... :oops:

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just picked it up today, the 26". All I can say is wow, the workmanship is phenominal. I'm dying to take this thing out and try it this weekend. I'll report back how I do!

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I was supposed to try it out today but the wind is gusting about 40mph, that's not good. Should be better tomorrow. I think I'll just try to work the action a bit this thing is tight!

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I just got back. All I can say is perfection. I love this thing. I was just using a ground thrower so it's not like the shots were all that tough but I was smoking 'em left and right. I shot 100 rds through it, it definitely kicks more than the Belgian A-5 I'm used to but I don't think I'll be capping off that many rounds on a hunt!

The first round I shot felt completely natural, I saw the target I pulled the trigger and it broke. I didn't have to think about anything else. The only thing that will take a little time is having that tang safety, I've never shot a gun like that. I like it I'm just not used to it.

It performed flawlessly. I've got a preserve hunt on Dec 12 so now I'm itching to get out there. I'd like to cap off a few more before I get out there but we'll see how the weather goes.

On another note thanks for everyone's help on here. I' ve lived on this board for the past month doing all my research. I check this site now almost as much as my email!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Now you need to take it to the sporting clays range and really give it a workout . (Good practice for your hunt to.) :wink:

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I did the preserve hunt, Pheasant\chukkar. The gun performed flawlessly. I couldn't be happier with the purchase. Add me to the list of happy Beretta customers!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.