Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, OK.... I know the answer but just got to check myself. Going to buy the wife a new gun. She has held both. We are going to shoot both this weekend. I want her to get the BUL because it is so much like her Montefeltro but nicer and higher rib. It is lighter and so on then the Beretta HOWEVER that gun she really likes the feel of it too.

I am a Benelli boy through and through but this is her choice so that is the answer BUT I want to hear from any of you that have wifes that shoot the BUL.

CR

·
Registered
552 Posts
I think it depends on what it is going to be used for. I love my BUL, don't get me wrong. 2 months before hunting season I use it for skeet and sporting clays (not trap though). But the rest of the year when I'm serious about clay targets and score matters it is time for the 682 Gold E Trap Combo to come out and play for all clay events and registered birds. I'm seriously considering the 391 Parallel for sporting as the high rib on the Gold E Trap blocks a few birds per hundred even though it is setup to shoot high. The BUL does well but in a 100 bird event I think most people prefer the smoothness of a heavier gun. See a lot of 391 Targets out there, and for a good reason. If it is just occasion fun then the BUL has to win, no other gun I've owned is just such a pure joy to shoot. But your timing has to be perfect with it. YMMV.

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
My wife went from a 20 gage Beretta 391 Urika to the BUL and loves it. Now, skeet for practice and fun, she could use factory 20 gage loads in the 391, but I do load 20 or 28 gage equivalent loads for the BUL. (I shoot them myself, just so much fun!) I don't think that she would stand up to other than the lightest factory loads, for umpteen rounds of skeet. She is just not the strongest lady around and has bunches of physical problems as well.

That said, she does use it for what hunting that she is capable of and does alright with light hunting loads.

She does much prefer it to the 391, (stock youth model), and just raves that it is the first gun to ever fit her right! (I shortened the buttstock on the BUL, adjusted the shims to the very highest setting and added a but pad adjuster which drops the butt plate quite a bit as well as more cast off. Also rotated it a bit, counter clockwise.)

She has also went from the low/mid teens to 20 something, although no 25 straight as yet, with the new gun.

Clyde

1 - 3 of 3 Posts