Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I just shot my new Berretta Teknys gold Vandalia. Only 150 rounds out of it. When I went to clean it Friday, I could barely get the barrel out of the receiver. Not sure what to do about that!
In-addition, as I've read in other posts…the vent rib is loose.
This is a brand new gun purchase, last week. It sure is sad to see Beretta hasn't fixed their known problems that appear to have been going on for two years that I've seen.

Have any others made a recent purchase of Teknys Gold Trap or Sporting shotguns?

I'm thinking of just taking It to a gunsmith and have him remove a bit from were the rib butts against the receiver. Don't want to wait the eight weeks for warranty work.

Any thoughts? Thanks

Oh, I have a Beretta AL391 Urika For sale. Never been shot. $725.00

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Another potential 391 problem: I saw a used 391 Teknys Gold Sporting at Cabela's (Fort Worth) this past Thursday. The "silver/nitride" receiver finish was blistered and flaking off. Of course, Cabela's was still asking $1169 for it... :roll:

·
Registered
266 Posts
RV Michael,
Do nothing for at least another week,by then the blue decal will have come off,the gun will not eject or insert the new shell.then you can trade it in on a Benelli and solve all your problems.
I know you do not want to hear this but its what I did with my Urika gold.now have 2 Benelli's and am completely satisfied.
I am still a Beretta over/under fan but not a fan of there autos.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Sorry to be on the positive side, but my teknys gold sporting has been flawless so far...4000 rds through it, not a hiccup, no flaking, nothing falling off, rib is tight (although it is made to be removeable). I get a lot of comments on how "pretty" a gun it really is. Maybe turn out to be one of the best semi's I've had (next to the A-5 and 1100) :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unfortunately, this is what we get in the age of mass production and time based relative (on the shelf) production for consumer satisfaction. There is very little consistency anymore and yes the good old days are long gone. Off topic on your gun: I do have a 391 that has performed quite reliably thus far.

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
RV Michael said:
Hi all
I just shot my new Berretta Teknys gold Vandalia. Only 150 rounds out of it. When I went to clean it Friday, I could barely get the barrel out of the receiver. Not sure what to do about that!
This is a brand new gun purchase, last week. It sure is sad to see Beretta hasn't fixed their known problems that appear to have been going on for two years that I've seen.

Have any others made a recent purchase of Teknys Gold Trap or Sporting shotguns?

I'm thinking of just taking It to a gunsmith and have him remove a bit from were the rib butts against the receiver. Don't want to wait the eight weeks for warranty work.
I think the barrel should be tight to a point, and surely take some effort to remove. The barrel extension should "seat" into the receiver.

I'm not sure about the rib, the only one I have payed attention to was loose, but IMO was nothing more than a floating rib. If it is attached rear and front, but loose in between there, it has no problem. And, if the rib is floating on a Standard but is limited by it as well, it is OK.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, Great forum, and great people. We newbie's appreciate all of you!

Charlie, I'm definitely looking at Benelli for my next purchase.
When I phoned Beretta for the Vandalia purchase, they told me they've been sold out since the day of the Vandalia event (July I think.) It took four hours of searching gun dealer inventory to find two in California. Two of our local Beretta dealers had no clue of what the Vandalia gun was. One mentioned he's had 3 Beretta reps in a little over a year…wow were they pissed!

It's pretty sad that we feel lucky about no problems with any purchase we make.
Currently I'm on case as an expert witness, this client paid $468K for a motorhome, warranty appointments in the beginning of his problems were scheduled six to eight weeks out. Now they just tell him they can't fix this or that! I guess we don't have it all that bad, LOL :)

Great input and opinions,
Thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm looking at one at a shop. Can I ask what you paid for yours.

RV Michael said:
Hi all

Any thoughts? Thanks

Oh, I have a Beretta AL391 Urika For sale. Never been shot. $725.00

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.