Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, alittle background i started seriously looking at guns to purchase in the near future and within my price range there were a few autoloaders one of which is the 391 urika2. everytime i look at it and feel it its more and more comfortable. ive been only shooting trap at the local range and they only give rental 870s and i was dying to try the urika 1 they have and yesterday me and my friend decided to give skeet a try. not only am in love with shooting skeet but i was able to try a couple more guns. a browning o/u and that urika1 i was dying to try. i did alittle better with the urika and completely dusted a couple clays i really enjoyed shooting it and am in love with beretta now. i have my heart set on the urika 2

now the question is field vs. comp
and the regular versus the parralel target rl and sl. besides the different stockand extended chokes on the normal compared to rl/sl is there any differences in the guns

any help is greatly appreciated.

oh also the different between the base urika 2 and the gold sporting one?

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Welcome to SGW :wink:

You have been infected with a bug the only cure is shoot and shoot more often :p

The 391's are all the same inside....There are cosmetic differences and some differences in stock measurements.

The field stock is 5" heel-toe
Sporting is 5 3/8" heel-toe

Field Stock is thinner <>
Sporting is beefer all around with a slight palm swell for rt handers

Difference in barrel lengths, gauges 12 or 20 and bore/chokes

The parallel Target is a fine gun....SL is standard length stock
RL is reduced length for wonen and smaller maled..
If you need a RL here is a real deal:

3901 The New 3901 12 gauge 26" or 28" YOUTH/LADY parallel stock with factory adjustable comb,
comes in box with one IC choke tube, 12-3/8" length of pull with 2 separate 1/2" spacers that can be added $848

http://www.joeletchenguns.com/

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
RWH24 said:
Welcome to SGW :wink:

You have been infected with a bug the only cure is shoot and shoot more often :p

The 391's are all the same inside....There are cosmetic differences and some differences in stock measurements.

The field stock is 5" heel-toe
Sporting is 5 3/8" heel-toe

Field Stock is thinner <>
Sporting is beefer all around with a slight palm swell for rt handers

Difference in barrel lengths, gauges 12 or 20 and bore/chokes

The parallel Target is a fine gun....SL is standard length stock
RL is reduced length for wonen and smaller maled..
If you need a RL here is a real deal:

3901 The New 3901 12 gauge 26" or 28" YOUTH/LADY parallel stock with factory adjustable comb,
comes in box with one IC choke tube, 12-3/8" length of pull with 2 separate 1/2" spacers that can be added $848

http://www.joeletchenguns.com/
If uttackle 71 isn't confused, I am. You described well the 391 models then showed a picture and description of the 3901 without mentioning that they aren't the same gun.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
:oops: ...I forgot my audience....It was @ 2:20am {CR8

The 3901 as pictured, is a previous model to the 391, but is still in production.......Different gas system, wider in the forend and a little heavier gun for gun....It also uses the Mobile Choke bore barrel instead of the newer Optima Bore.....

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I find it interesting that the only "target" version of the 3901 is the RL or reduced length model. They must not want the 3901 to compete with the higher priced and more profitable 391 Target and Teknys. The best gun for the money remains a clean second-hand 391 target model with the Mobilchoke system.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know the difference but i was asking between the urika and urika2 so i know now but i also know the picture is wrong

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
RWH24 said:
:oops: ...I forgot my audience....It was @ 2:20am {CR8

The 3901 as pictured, is a previous model to the 391, but is still in production.......Different gas system, wider in the forend and a little heavier gun for gun....It also uses the Mobile Choke bore barrel instead of the newer Optima Bore.....
The picture is of a 3901...not the 391......

I was showing you, for the money and for the quality on a reduced length gun a 3901 is the "BEST BUY" :wink:

Was just a suggestion on my part

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
uttackle71 said:
i know the difference but i was asking between the urika and urika2 so i know now but i also know the picture is wrong
On the Urika 2, unless you get the Urika 2 Gold, the stock has been doctored to look better than it is. They call this XtraGrain and basically, they have scorched some horizontal lines into the walnut which you are supposed to mistake for figure. I ahte it. The Urika 2 Golds have undoctored walnut of varying quality. Target guns in either Urika or Urika 2 will have wider ribs with two beads instead of one and the stocks are different dimensions. Field guns come 26 and 28 in barrels, target are 28, 30, or 32 (trap).

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
from Beretta:

What are the major differences between a field and competition shotgun?

Answer
Generally our competition shotguns differ from the field models on the following points.

Competition shotguns are offered with:

1. Barrels in longer lengths.

2. Ribs that are wider and will have a mid bead installed.

3. Chokes that will be of the extended type (in most cases) and configured for the shooting discipline.

4. More weight to help reduced recoil fatigue.

5. Stocks that are configured for the discipline you will be shooting

6. Stocks that have a larger pad area for reduced felt recoil

7. A palm swell in the grip area to offer better control.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks i couldnt tell from the pictures on berettausa.com . i am looking forward to going into the city and going to the beretta gallery because all the places that i have been to usually only have the field extra grain or teknys model 391's i am pumped

1 - 14 of 14 Posts