Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at a couple guns on the internet that a dealer has who lives near to me. He has a new Beretta Black Wing @ $1100 and a Fabarm Silver Lion @ $1150. Both have pretty nicely figured wood. I don't know much about either gun, though I do know that Beretta has a good reputation. The Fabarm was a demo says the dealer. Are both of these good guns for the money? Are they both worth the asking price? Both are 20ga with 28" barrels. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have seen both guns on sale for $900. on the internet in the past. I do not know anything about Fabarms but I would stay with the Beretta if it was buying one. Some manufacturers do not have the same warranties on their demo guns though.
STB

·
Registered
520 Posts
Is the Fabarms a Sig branded or Heckler & Koch branded gun. H&K had been the US distributor and I had heard that Sig was to pick them up but have not seen anything since then. I own a H&K Fabarms Classic Lion SxS and love it. There are a number of the H&K branded Fabarms autos out there new in the box and H&K will stand behind them (ship them back to Italy for repairs).

For my money all things the same your choices being the Berretta of the Fabarms, I lean to the Berretta unless the Fabarms just "feels right". You might try to talk them down in price on the Fabarms since they are currently in limbo on the import side.

APEXDUCK

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
BERETTA HANDS DOWN

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Seems like I paid around that much for a new Fabarms. I'd try to get at least a couple hundred off the USED gun. Compared it to my Caesar Guerinni. Look real similar. In fact Guerinni let it out that Fabarm is making thier receivers. Of course when Guerinni is done with them it is a lot nicer than the Fabarm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.