Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in a post here that for problems i should stay away from nitro 27 shells.. Is this action, and rest of gun strong enough for 2000 rounds a year? Which i doubt ill ever shoot.... I will do some 3 inch mag goose shooting with heavy shot(modified choke, and bb) unless you dont feel i should.. She loves nitro 27 at 27 yards.. .. Lever well off to the right.. .. Im 59, whats going to give out first the gun or me? thanks dave..

·
Registered
9,163 Posts
ffffg said:
I read in a post here that for problems i should stay away from nitro 27 shells..
Where did you read that? There is nothing wrong with Nitro 27 shells, in this gun or any other. I don't use them, but I know people who do, and they are good quality.

Is this action, and rest of gun strong enough for 2000 rounds a year?
That is basically the same action that I used to use for about 20,000 rounds per year, and I could go several years without getting oversize locking lugs fitted. That was with target loads, and heavy loads might wear the locking lugs a little faster, but might not, and in any event the lugs are easily replaced.

Im 59, whats going to give out first the gun or me?
You. Let's see..... 2,000 rounds per year.... you should get at least 50,000 out of the lugs, probably more....so you will be about 84 when you get the lugs replaced, and then you are good for another 25 years.........If you are still shooting at 109, just get the lugs replaced again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts