Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a beretta xtrema 2 with a briley bolt release that is no longer releasing shells from the mag tube when fired. It seems like the shell stop is blocking rounds. To get them to release I have to pull the lever out, which makes the shell stop go flat and releases the shells.

Doesn’t matter size of shell, or how many is in the mag tube. It has a newer mag tube spring in it, and everything is oiled and working well. Just started having issues last week.

It’s like the shell stop sticks about about 1/32 too much. I was going to try and file it down a hair, but I don’t want to end up taking too much, or causing other issues. Figure there’s got to be another way.

Not sure I want to take my blaser f3 duck hunting 😅
so hopefully someone has some ideas. Hopefully pictures help describe what I’m trying to explain (used snap caps, but it does it with normal shells as well.)
Thanks!
Bumper Automotive exterior Audio equipment Vehicle door Wood

Automotive lighting Tire Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper Street light Wood

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have an A400 Xtreme and had exactly the same issue. After much pain assembling and disassembling the release, bending and unbending etc to try and make it work I got a bit of advice...replace the little springs as follows:

1 C90231 Beretta Cartridge Latch Spring $5.00
1 C90350 Beretta Cartridge Latch Body Spring $5.00

Midwest Gun Works had the springs and this solved the issue.

I thought that can't be the answer but for a little bit of money...I tried it and was successful.

I also have the A400 Xtreme Plus and the factory release had the same issue...replaced the release with the AnglePort release and solved that issue as well but cost me 100 bucks.

Both guns now rock solid....

Les

·
Registered
496 Posts
Agree with @lsclmmr that the Cartridge Latch Spring is the first thing to replace.
From your photos, it looks like the rear tail of the Cartridge Latch isn't being pushed away from the inside wall of the receiver a sufficient amount to move the other end of the assembly (the shell stop) far enough to release a shell from the magazine. Likely this spring has weakened, or there's some bit of rough surfaces somewhere interfering with full movement, or Cartridge Latch axle pin is binding, or a small piece of foreign matter somewhere interfering with proper movement.

Below are photos of the relevant components from an A400.

Font Line Hand tool Tool Auto part

Reactions: MNGunner

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appreciate the input/pictures/part numbers! I’ll go order those springs and hopefully that’ll solve it. Really appreciate it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts