Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24,385 Posts
RIO makes their own in Spain; they are totally vertically integrated making hulls, primers, powders shot and wads

Reactions: bosni and MTR

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
cheddite [France] is the largest manufacturer of hulls on the planet.
Rio is in Spain but their hulls are pretty damn close.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Besides Challenger, what other factory loads use Cheddite hulls?
Interesting to know that Challenger uses Cheddite hulls

I reload gun clubs and AA's mainly. But I also reload whatever I can find in the bin for buddies to shoot. They are throw-aways and don't have to worry about saving hulls

Normally, I reload Fiocci hulls or whatever I can find for throw aways. I did reload some challengers recently and noticed that they did not crimp as nicely as the Fiocci's. I assumed that all Euro/straight walled hulls were the same... obviously they are not

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reloading Challengers on my PW375, they crimp great, but they don’t look very durable. I’ve noticed some splits after only 1-2 reloads. What load data do you use for Gun Clubs? I didn’t see any info on the Alliant or Hodgdon reloading info websites.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Cheddite hulls can typically be identified by having stars on the head of the case.

Kent/gamebore uses cheddite hulls.

Estate used cheddite hulls prior to federal buying them out.

Herters ammo used cheddite hulls until recently when Winchester took over their manufacture for cabelas.

I believe from time to time that Remington, Winchester and Federal have had limited runs of ammo contracted out that may have used cheddite hulls, or possibly Rio or Maxam. I have never seen a cheddite hull, regardless of the brand of ammo that didn’t have the stars (2 or 4) stamped into the head, but I will also say I have seen Rio hulls with stars, but they are not directly across from one another so they may be cheddite, maxam or another eurohull. It’s clear as mud
Product Line Automotive tire Red Material property

1 - 10 of 10 Posts