Shotgun Forum banner

Best ammo for Doves

40K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  tidmarshsmiths5 
Hi
I am from Greece and this is my first post in this forum.
When you say dove, do you mean stockdove ? or just dove.
I like to know because I keep on readind the topic related with loads for doves. Here in my country we are permitted to shoot stockdoves only.

bcpifish said:
Greece -

I'm not familiar with the term "stockdove". We don't use that term here in the U.S.

We generally have three types of doves here. The mourning dove, approximately 12 in. long, pointed tail and grey-brown in color; the White-wing dove, slightly larger than the mourning dove with a white patch on the wing, and a long moderately rounded tail; and lastly the Eurasian collared dove, approximately 15 in. long, grey in color, with a thin black band with a white border on the neck.

All are small, very fast, and sometimes erratic flyers. They are easy to kill, so 7.5 or smaller (U.S. shot size) shot is all that is needed. While they ARE easy to kill, they can sometimes be very hard to hit!

Hope this helps. Good luck.
Ok thanks..
Probably you mean the one we know as stockdove or cushat, it looks like the one you call whitewing. I took these words from a dictionary (stockdove, cushat).

Thanks again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.