Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Christmas is just around the corner and wives and girlfriends should get that "special gift" that says "I love you more now than ever." What do YOU get your sweetheart? What's your fail-safe sure-to-please can't-miss present?

hunter20ga

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
My wife is so deprived, we went from just passing trinkets between us
and having a "memorable night out"----before we had kids, then the kids became the all consuming factor
with everything thrown towards them. Now the major thing is throwing stuff at the GKids, she wants them to have too much as well.

Now we're back at looking for a "memorable night out", we really don't "need" anything material :wink: after 31 years.

She would really enjoy going on a Sporting weekend, staying where we want and shooting Clays where we want, weather and obligations seems to be a deciding factor on that :cry:

From the list above, she would want some sensible clothes, nothing flashy or fancy, save that for when she gets back into that size 6 she wants to be again :wink:

Me: "Momma, what do you want for Christmas?"

Her: "How much did you say you needed to spend on reloading stuff for my soft shells?"

Yep, I've ruined her
Oh well!

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
One year I tied a big red bow around my, ahem, 'cough', 'cough'. :oops: Well anyway, nothing on but the bow Christmas morning. Needless to say, that didn't go over to well. :oops: Okay, okay, so I'm cheap.

My wife calls me Mr. Bah Humbug Scrooge.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey! What's this? No option for "new gun" ???? Tsk Tsk!
This poll needs more options....

"New Gun"
"Outdoor Equipment"
"A night out on the town"
"Quality Time"

Personally, I would LOVE a new gun.... :D
Failing that, quality time and/or a night out (suit-n-tie for him, formal dress for me) with a fancy restaurant and theatre entertainment.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Oh- and some advice.... clothing isn't usually a good choice... too many pitfalls....

(1) Buying clothes too big. ("You think I'm FAT!")
(2) Buying clothes too small. ("You think I'm FAT!")
(3) Buying clothes too revealing ("Which of us is this a gift for, anyway?")
(4) Buying clothes not her style ("WHAT in the WORLD made you think I'd like THIS???")
(5) Buying clothes not in ANYONE's style ("Where'd you get that, Goodwill?")

It's only the truly brave or truly stupid who will attempt said clothes shopping. And only those with true luck (or a sense of fashion and judge of clothing size to rival the Almighty) will succeed.

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
Well, I have been slightly smarter than that----after she goes out with the girls or my mother----they are instructed to take notes as to what she really likes, and she doesn't say that to appease anyone----either does or don't. Then they give directions on how to find it-------------that's the hard part :wink:

Then the downside of that-----she says, I was going to wait til the half of half of half sale was on------then get it :roll:

·
Registered
284 Posts
I agree that clothes can be a huge mistake for the stated reasons. I also made the appliance mistake once. Ouch.
This year I'm getting her some jewelry and new ski boots.
Also thinking about a nice quiet night out, just the 2 of us, before we have to leave to go visit relatives.

·
Registered
16,296 Posts
We always give each other the same thing. A trip for a couple of weeks to somewhere warm. Last year--the Fla Keys. The year before--Mexico. This year--We are seriously considering Belize.

·
Registered
474 Posts
You guys got it all wrong! You get her a Perazzi MX8B with the comb, cast, toe and heel all wrong for her, but fits you just right. Oh, and put in 3" mag. shells in both barrels for her first shots with it. Wala!! You've got a great new gun! :lol:

·
Registered
317 Posts
See Im thinkin if you want to get rid of a girlfriend, tell her your going to buy her something that goes from 0 -to- 200 in under 10 seconds. Then wrapp up a bathroom scale and leave it in the driveway.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Now see boys...I guess you just run with the wrong kind of gals!

What do I want for Christmas? Well...I'm going to need scope rings to mount the new scope to my new rifle that K4b00m is giving me, not to mention getting sling swivels mounted and a snazzy sling....so in other words CABELA'S GIFT CERTIFICATE.

Not all gals are hard to please, hehehe!

·
Registered
12,637 Posts
Last year I got my now wife an enguagement ring. Lately she was talking about needing a ring for the other hand so she's getting a ring that closely resembles the wedding ring but w/ Saphires and diamonds. She also maid mention of a trip to a day spa but we'll have to see what the bankroll allows. I usualy go the Jewlry route my wife isn't into hunting and shooting. :( but that means that when I want to get away I can go by myself :lol: . I do howerver have a 2 yr old girl that's getting a .22 in about 4 years :wink: .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.