Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, we could really help each other, and collaborate on good, workable, reliable, believable excuses to bail out of work to go hunting!

In some cases, the excuse needs to be applied at home, not work!

What excuses have worked for you? What blew up?

Not that I personally have ever needed to resort to a made-up excuse... ahem...

-- Quackster

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
For work;

My girfriend is pregnant, and I need to give here a ride to the doctor for a check up, or she will tell my wife.

For home;

Honey my girlfriend is pregnant, And I need to give her a ride to her mother's house in Baton Rouge.

Those will work every time. :D

·
Registered
474 Posts
This is to get out of school. I should note that I'm in the college of natural resources at Virginia Tech.

I am doing a population dynamics study on (insert animal name here) and i need to collect some data.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
For work:

This job has me totally frustrated and stressed out. I need to kill something. Should I go hunting or stay here?

With the Wife:

Honey, my job has me totally frustrated and stressed out. I need to kill something. Should I go hunting or take your cat for a walk?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Try the old standby, " I have an all afternoon appointment with the banker." Everyone will think you screwed up your finances, and nobody will try to borrow money from you.
You can go hunt in peace and quiet.

Or when the alarm goes at 5:30, you can roll over and whisper to the wife " Sex or hunting?"
I usually hear " Wear a sweater, hon." :roll:

Bill

·
Registered
818 Posts
I prefer premeditated excuses.

As an example, I regularly develop a cough or cold the afternoon prior to any opening day. Be sure to cough or sneeze in your hand followed immediate by patting your boss repeatedly on the back or attempting to shake their hand.

They will tell you to stay home tomorrow every time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, great excuses all around! I'm not sure I have the cojones necessary to use AG's "home" excuse.... But Model12's approach is a sure winner for work, and bufalobill's home method will definitely work for me! If the wife ever gets a cat, I'm going with Stodgeman's, even if it is the wrong season!

The one that's worked best for me to date is,

Hon, I need bonding time with our boys, and my dad's hunting days are growing short, so we're all going up for a 3 day hunt.

-- Quackster

·
Registered
261 Posts
The last job I had before I went to the Army was in construction. On Wednesday I asked the boss what would happen if I went squirrell hunting on thursday. He said I would not have a job on friday. He wasn't kidding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.