Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an opinion as to the best shotgun for high volume shooting. This would be for dove shooting in Argentina, 1,000 - 2,500 shells a day. I have tried 1100's (wouldn't cycle the Mexican Remington shells), 11-87's (OK, but inconsistent and needs constant attention), and a BPS (worked great but it nearly beat me to death). I also shot with some guys from California or New york or something who were very proud of their shiny new Beretta's but their guns couldn't handle the dust worth a damn. These were all 12 gauges. I am thinking of going to a 20 gauge and maybe a pump. I have been disappointed too many times by automatics that jam up. Only problem is I had my 870 jam consistently with remington cheapo 3 inch 2's, I had to borrow a Benelli Nova pump which fed that junk flawlessly.Any opinions welcome

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am considering a Benelli pump but could do without the added recoil associated with a pump. when I last used a Benelli I was shooting 3 inch 2's at snowgeese and you can shoot 15 per person in Maryland. The 10 of us almost got our limit. I don't normally mind recoil but when you shoot by the case the less recoil the better.I have an old belgian made browning humpback but have never really taken a liking to it. I once shot a round of skeet with a model 50 winchester in 12 gauge and then borrowed a friends humpback to shoot the next round. I was shocked at how much more noticeable the kick was in the A5 and it was a 20 gauge.If mike is suggesting using a 410, I do not believe thay have either 410 or 28 gauge shells available. Thanks to you all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.