Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
USPS strikes again.
I won't go into the details but I recieved a very nice condition
12ga. NID Ithaca Field model gun that they broke the stock in four places and completely thru the palm. I'm sure it's toast.

I'm looking for the best options to get the stock replaced.
I know there were a lot of NID's made so would one look for an old used stock or have one made or what?

It's a real nice gun but no Purdey and there is definately a limit as to how much I could justify putting into it.

Any suggestions and estimates as to what kind of cost's are involved and what's the best way to go to do a nice job for this nice old gun.

Thanks,
Brad

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
There were not a lot of NIDs made, less than 50,000 (compared to a quarter million Flues Models) It will cost moe than it's worth to have a pro stocker do it. At least $1000+. You can get an inletted blank from Boyds, and do it yourself an put a couple hundred more in the checkering.Bushrod

·
Registered
432 Posts
Max,
Are you certain this stock is beyond repair or is this what you have been told? The degree of repair that can be done to a stock is quite surprising to many folks!
With proper adhesive useage, good pinning and reinforcement in the correct locations, this stock could hold together quite well for you. And save you some $$$$ too!!!

Ray's

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.