Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting anxious to get a new gun this weekend (my dad and I want to go duck hunting this weekend and only have one steel-compatible gun).

I've been looking for guns for a while and I'm leaning toward the Benelli Super Black Eagle -- anyone know the best place to get a good price on it or a similar gun? I know BPS and Cabelas will match prices, but it's hard to compare prices since they don't list priced online.

Thanks
Nate

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
There is not a good place to buy Beretta/Benelli in Dallas. Sportsmans Warehouse is a pretty good bet to get the best price but from what I've seen the retailers in Dallas don't wander too far from MSRP on these guns.

If you want to drive or call around you can check Gander in Tyler, Texarkana and Corsicana, Dicks in Arlington and Rockwall or maybe even find a Oshman's that still carries guns (Tollway and Arapaho).

Good luck.

BTW if you're looking at the SBE II you might as well look at the Extrema 2.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
You might also check www.sportingarms.com They are an FFL in Lewisville that doesn't have a storefront. But, you can order on the internet and pickup locally.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies -- I have no experience with the extrema but have heard other people describe it as the best hunting semi. I'll try to look into that.

The Gander Mnt in Sherman may be the closest, so maybe I could head up there too. Sportsmans warehouse is on my way to the lake, I suppose -- does it generally have good prices?

I'll also look into the internet/FFL!

·
Registered
181 Posts
[
quote="jlptexashunter"]There is not a good place to buy Beretta/Benelli in Dallas. Sportsmans Warehouse is a pretty good bet to get the best price but from what I've seen the retailers in Dallas don't wander too far from MSRP on these guns.
JLP...while I do agree with you on the Extrema as the better gun I can't agree with you on there not being a good place in Dallas to purchase a Beretta. I bought my Beretta 682 Gold E at the Beretta Gallery in Dallas off of Preston Rd. Good guys in there that are very knowledgable and good selections. Be thankful you have that resource..we don't have it in Colorado
:(

·
Registered
364 Posts
nate76 said:
Thanks for the replies -- I have no experience with the extrema but have heard other people describe it as the best hunting semi. I'll try to look into that.

The Gander Mnt in Sherman may be the closest, so maybe I could head up there too. Sportsmans warehouse is on my way to the lake, I suppose -- does it generally have good prices?

I got my SBE-II at the Sportsmans Warehouse OKC. Price was about $100 less than some other places.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
nate76 said:

I bought my Browning Citori White Lightning 12 ga for $1565 out the door. The price appears to be competitive especially when you get to inspect it in person vs buying on the net.

www.budsgunshop.com has decent prices for an internet source.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts