Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My retirement present to myself is going to be a new Krieghoff. I've got several months before I pull the trigger on the purchase, but I was wondering where is the best place to buy a Krieghoff. Here are some of the dealers I've seen mentioned in no specific order:

DuPont
Pacific Sporting Arms
Paxton
Clay Target Sports
Elite Shotguns
Joel Etchen

All of these guys are out of state for me. I'm looking for lowest price easiest to deal with in a situation where the gun will be shipped. If there is a recommended dealer that I have missed let me know. I would also consider visiting a dealer in person if there is an advantage to buying the gun that way. I'm on the east coast in NC.

Thanks

·
Registered
523 Posts
I bought mine from Robert Paxton, excellent experience. I have talked to Kemble DuPont and some some folks at Pacific. I would buy from those folks too. Very friendly and customer service is king. Those are the ones I have experience with and they are all out of state for me as well. Robert sent me the gun, albeit a used one, to me to look at prior to purchase.

·
Registered
9,805 Posts
As far as product and service, you really can't go wrong with any of them.

Here is my suggestion. Put together a spec sheet of the exact gun you want. Find the email address of every dealer, email them your spec sheet, and ask what the best price they can offer you on a gun to those specs. I did just that for a Blaser f3 that I was thinking about buying, and the gap b/w high and low was surprisingly high, and the lowest quote did not come from who I expected (in fact, the highest quote came from who I expected to have the best price).

·
Registered
208 Posts
KI manages their dealer network very well so with very few exceptions they are all wonderful to work with. They all have their strong points...some sell more sporting guns than trap, some like to deal with a higher end cliental, some have on-site gunsmiths, some have bigger inventories than others and make it easier to swap barrels, stocks, receivers to build the perfect gun.

Your best price is going to depend on how badly they want to sell a gun. Someone that has 3 of what you're looking for and been sitting on one for awhile will likely offer you a better price than someone who sells every gun that comes through the door.

Also, keep in mind that many of the more successful dealers want to build a relationship. Do any of your shooting friends have a relationship with a dealer? While cold-emailing every dealer in the country asking for their best price might get you the absolute cheapest price on a gun it might not be the best value proposition for you long term.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I will only ever buy from Paxton or Carlson. Two great dealers with fantastic pricing.

Nothing bad to say about the others but I've had such great experiences with the two Roberts I can't see a reason to go elsewhere.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Skeet_Man said:
As far as product and service, you really can't go wrong with any of them.

Here is my suggestion. Put together a spec sheet of the exact gun you want. Find the email address of every dealer, email them your spec sheet, and ask what the best price they can offer you on a gun to those specs.
I'd add to that only to suggest that you might be surprised to find a mint pre-owned gun either built in stock, or ready to be assembled using pristine barrels, wood, receiver and other components swapped out with little or no prior use. I had a fantastic experience with Kemble DuPont doing just that to build my dream of an early 50th birthday present! Saving two or three thousand buys a lot of ammo!

Good luck!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have purchased Krieghoff shotguns from PSA in California and also from Paxton. Without any reservation, I can recommend both PSA and Paxton.

Unless you are set on purchasing a new K80, you might want to consider K80s offered in classified section as well.

Regards,

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just put the wheels in motion today on a K-80 purchase with Pacific in Michigan. So far, John has been great to work with. I have also spoke with Robert Paxton in the past and he gave me his undivided attention. I would highly recommend either of them!

·
Registered
9,805 Posts
sujumanji said:
While cold-emailing every dealer in the country asking for their best price might get you the absolute cheapest price on a gun it might not be the best value proposition for you long term.
Why would you want to pay anything more than the absolute cheapest price? What "value" could choosing a higher priced dealer offer you if the product you receive is exactly the same either way? Any warranty work will be handed by the mfg, so that's not really something the dealer will have an impact on. You are likely going to get a very similar level of customer service from ANY of Krieghoff's dealers, so I don't see much sense in spending extra $ just to spend extra $

·
Banned
6,662 Posts
Paul1987 said:
I just put the wheels in motion today on a K-80 purchase with Pacific in Michigan. So far, John has been great to work with. I have also spoke with Robert Paxton in the past and he gave me his undivided attention. I would highly recommend either of them!
I've had the pleasure of doing business with both for well over 30 years. Never anything but great service from them both. And contrary to Skeet's comments, they've both helped assist me with getting a couple issues resolved quicker by the mfg than I would have on my own...... that and they're both a pleasure to deal with.

·
Registered
9,805 Posts
Rooster booster said:
And contrary to Skeet's comments, they've both helped assist me with getting a couple issues resolved quicker by the mfg than I would have on my own
You're misinterpreting what I said.

Skeet_Man said:
You are likely going to get a very similar level of customer service from ANY of Krieghoff's dealers
The only time a dealer would have an impact on warranty work would be if the dealer is authorized to perform said work. I believe that would be limited to Alamo, Clay Target Sports, and Dupont. And that would only help you if you are local to one of them and it's return didn't involve shipping, otherwise you'd ship it back to Ottsville anyways.

·
Banned
6,662 Posts
Very possibly, and if that's the case, I apologize........my comment was many do place a value on 'service', more so for 'friendly service'. That of course is like 'felt recoil', very much subjective.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Paxton

Reactions: SanRemo32

·
Registered
25 Posts
Marlette Fine Arms, Winston Salem NC, 336.456.1818. I called made an appointment, met with Earnest, was able to handle several K80 Parcours made my selection and completely satisfied. Great individual to deal with. PM for additional information.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Called three dealers when purchasing mine earlier this month. Robert Paxton patiently answered multi questions. The other two were too busy for conversation. He communicated clearly and did exactly what he said he would do. Didn't get to pricing with one, and he was slightly less expensive than the other. Pleasure doing business with him. Love the gun.
I live very close to Ottsville so after sale service wasn't a consideration, but I'm willing to bet that he's good at that, too.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Ernest T said:
My retirement present to myself is going to be a new Krieghoff. I've got several months before I pull the trigger on the purchase, but I was wondering where is the best place to buy a Krieghoff. Here are some of the dealers I've seen mentioned in no specific order:

DuPont
Pacific Sporting Arms
Paxton
Clay Target Sports
Elite Shotguns
Joel Etchen

All of these guys are out of state for me. I'm looking for lowest price easiest to deal with in a situation where the gun will be shipped. If there is a recommended dealer that I have missed let me know. I would also consider visiting a dealer in person if there is an advantage to buying the gun that way. I'm on the east coast in NC.

Thanks
I would eliminate Elite because they are primarily a Kolar dealer.

I would eliminate Etchens because they are primarily a Beretta dealer, and for other reasons.

I'll reiterate Paxton again. A friend just purchased a nice Parcours and Robert spent 3 days with him on the phone, not e-mail, to make sure everything was to his satisfaction before he would make the sale. I have never heard of an unhappy Paxton customer, but I have heard of a lot of very, very happy Paxton customers.

Reactions: SanRemo32

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just picked up my second shotgun from Robert Paxton. I've spent $30,000 with him and the man doesn't skip a beat. Very charismatic, knowledgeable and above all customer focused. He's a world class shooter, and an even friendlier person to deal with who will go above and beyond to ensure you're satisfied with your purchase.

Buy with confidence when you choose Paxton Arms.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts