Shotgun Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Skeet_Man said:
I believe they are MAP, but don't know if they are RPM. Are Krieghoffs RPM?
Essentially yes. KI works very hard to ensure that dealers aren't undercutting each other on prices. It occasionally happens but it is rare. This helps keep resale values high, especially on used guns.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Robert with Paxton's and John with Pacific both have gone out of their way to help me when there wasn't a dime in it for either.

Some people consider themselves too busy to help.

Buster

·
Registered
49 Posts
Bought my K-80 thru Paxton. Great service, pleasant guy, great pricing. Having said that swapped a pro sporter barrel and tube set for a new 32" barrel from DuPont. Great service, great price there as well. Can't go wrong with either of those guys or the Guys at Pacific. They are top dealers for a reason.

·
Registered
Krieghoff Parcours X 12g, Zoli Z gun 12g, Zoli Kronos 20/28 combo, AYA 56, Browning Maxus, Franchi
202 Posts
I'm about to pickup a new K80 Parcours X from claytargetsports. Chris and Audrey have been a pleasure to deal with.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
I had a buddy buy a K-80 from Merlette, and he was supposed to send it off to a Briley to get it tubed, as part of the deal. 6 weeks later, my buddy calls to ask where the gun is.....oh, I forgot, it's still sitting here.....I'll send it to Briley this week........

Not gonna sell me a gun!

·
Registered
554 Posts
John Henry said:
I had a buddy buy a K-80 from Merlette, and he was supposed to send it off to a Briley to get it tubed, as part of the deal. 6 weeks later, my buddy calls to ask where the gun is.....oh, I forgot, it's still sitting here.....I'll send it to Briley this week........

Not gonna sell me a gun!
I was curious about Mr Marlette. I checked his web site out. The only thing on his website os his contact info. I assume he has new and used guns. ID(K

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
My retirement present to myself is going to be a new Krieghoff. I've got several months before I pull the trigger on the purchase, but I was wondering where is the best place to buy a Krieghoff. Here are some of the dealers I've seen mentioned in no specific order:

DuPont
Pacific Sporting Arms
Paxton
Clay Target Sports
Elite Shotguns
Joel Etchen

All of these guys are out of state for me. I'm looking for lowest price easiest to deal with in a situation where the gun will be shipped. If there is a recommended dealer that I have missed let me know. I would also consider visiting a dealer in person if there is an advantage to buying the gun that way. I'm on the east coast in NC.

Thanks
The dealer prices are locked in on NEW guns by Krighoff International.

You will not find any one dealer being cheaper than the other when comparing apples to apples.

If I was buying I would look at Clay Target Sports, Du Pont, and Paxton Arms in that order, based on my Krieghoff buying experiences.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Let me teach you something about buying high-end products. Maybe you've heard the terms "stepping over dollars to chase pennies" or "pound foolish and penny wise." This is a perfect example of that. You're about to spend a minimum of $11,000 on a new shotgun and the marketing research shows that most folks buying a new K-80 (or any other top end firearm) will spend many times that amount over their lifetime.

Sure, you can send a one sentence email to every dealer in the country asking for their 'best price' on a particular gun. Now, most Krieghoff dealers are wonderful people who provide quality service to just about everyone so it's unlikely you'll have a problem. However, they are also business people whose time is worth money. The products they sell are also price protected so it's highly unlikely you'll get a real 'deal' on a new gun with your first interaction. They also aren't stupid so they know what is going on when they get that email and they know they aren't the only one getting it.

So maybe you find one willing to sell you a gun for $500.00 cheaper than everyone else. Good for you! But why would they do that? I'm confident that no dealer will intentionally screw a customer but there are some things they can do to make the value proposition better for them. Maybe there are a couple of less choke tubes coming with that particular gun than from another dealer? You're likely going to get the plainest wood s/he's got in the shop at that price. Maybe there is a big scratch on the bottom of the case? Perhaps you get a new gun but they just happened to have a 3 year old receiver they haven't been able to sell. There are lots of things that can happen that won't mess up your deal but could make it better for the dealer.

Now, why would you want to build a relationship with your dealer? I see my Krieghoff's as a lifetime purchase. When I call my dealer, I want them to know my name, return my calls, and let me know when there is something I might be interested in. When I want to to get the first set of 34" barrels that come in the shop who do you think he's going to sell it to? When I'm ready to upgrade my standard receiver who do you think is going to give me the 'best' deal on a trade? When my gun breaks in the middle of the summer and needs service, guess who can get me at the front of the line so I get it back before my next big shoot? There are a million reasons why I want to be considered a good customer to my dealer instead of the guy looking to save $50.00 over email.

Finally, here is the 'real' reason: A relationship with a dealer from a known customer will get you the real 'best' price...even cheaper than some random jamoke emailing them asking for their 'best price'.

Here is my advice: Pick 2 or 3 dealers located geographically close to you and pick up the phone, call them, discuss what you're looking for, and have a real conversation with them. Most KI dealers are wonderful people and just as willing to get to know you and your needs and you'll have a much better experience this time and the next time as well. I completely understand if you have to go out-of-state to save on sales taxes, they get it to. But in your effort to save $100.00 I really feel you're missing out on what could be future value.

Just my humble opinion buying and trading many K-guns over the decades. I'm probably the poorest person on the planet that bought a new completely custom K-80 and I know I wouldn't have it without developing long-lasting relationships with KI folks.
All true and without a doubt, good advice.

·
Registered
K80 gold standard supersport
31 Posts
My first K80 got it also from Michael from Indiana Gun Club and was really easy to deal. Got a good price on mine and they give me a fair trade on some guns.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts