Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I'm not new to shotgunning but somewhat to slug shooting.

What type of stock would be best for helping tame some of the recoil from shooting slugs.
Right now I have the factory stock with pad and it's not to bad because I have a longer barrel with a Polychoke that has the comp built into it.The extra weight and length both help some to dampen felt recoil.

Was thinking that maybe a synthetic type with pistol grip similar to an E2 M14 style might work for better grip control and aiming capability.

Any suggestions from you more experienced shooters would be a huge help to me.

Thanks & Happy Thanksgiving!!

Doug

·
Registered
737 Posts
A good lim saver is cheaper than a new stock! And will tame recoil rather well. What brand of gun do you have? Is it a 12 or what? Rifled or smoothbore 2 3/4" or 3"? More info on what you have really helps when you ask a question.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
knoxx, i have 2 and love them. i use limbsaver for my o/u and sxs in skeet shooting. in the woods or range shooting heavy loads ill take the knoxx anyday

·
Registered
120 Posts
Dont care how ugly they are...I am out to kill deer, not try to make a fashion statement. What I want to know is how they work on a scoped shotgun??? Admittedly, the Knoxx Spec op is very ugly and it doesn't look like something that would be a comfortable cheek rest whille shooting. Any thoughts on this???? Seems like you have to be mindful of eye relief or get a mind full of scope??? How about the other one that looks like a regular stock...looks like that would move where your cheek is trying to lay.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Change my mind. KNoxx specops stocks are sweeeeet!. I put one on my turkey gun and it is amazing how it reduces recoil. And the funny thing is, the bigger the load, the more it seems to reduce recoil.

·
Registered
21 Posts
For heavy recoil useing iron or ghost ring sights knoxx specops should be fine.If you are looking to spend a little more $ mesa tactical has a retractable recoil reducing stock. If not those standard limbsaver or remingtons super cell are great for the money.whatever works and fits you best.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts