Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Main purpose is for Home Defense.

I have a Remington Light Weight 870 in 20 gauge. I have recently learned there is not very many accessories for the light weight. I don't think the sidewinder is currently available for the Remington 870.

For practice I just started shooting PPC long gun at Chabot gun range, slugs only. Load 6 shells shoot 6, repeat, repeat, repeat at the longest stage. 60 slugs gets a little pricey but I want to learn how to use this pump gun for HD. I think I did OK for my first time, I got a 508 outa 600. Seems like its easier and faster for me to reload while I am kneeling down, but I don't know if that is tactically sound.

So currently I'll need to carry at the minimum 24 rounds for reloading during PPC Long Gun.

Hopefully move up to 3 gun for more practice. I don't know how many shells I'll need to carry for that.

I realize that its not a tactical, home defense situation but its a start for shooting fast, reloading, and gun control.

The forearm and angled chest holder looked like it might be the fastest, but I have no idea.

Dan

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have never seen anyone load their pump shotgun with their non shooting hand.

My shot gun gets pretty muzzle heavy with the pentagon weapons light attached to the mag extension.

How do you load with non trigger hand?

Also how do you do tactical loading (throw a shell in ejection port and rack pump froward) with non trigger hand?

Is there a picture or video on this?

Thanks

Dan

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool, where did you learn it?

I'm still trying to grasp the concept. I am really having a hard time trying to picture right forearm over the stock.

Thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.