Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a browning 20ga bps with a smoothbore barrel,i would like too use it for deer hunting. should i buy a rifled choke tube?or shoot rifled slugs? does anybody have any suggestions on how too mount a scope on this gun?thanks

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have a friend who went out and bought a Hastings Slug barrel for his BPS....its shoots EXTREMELY accuratley and im pretty sure hastings makes a barrel with a cantilliver thingy to mount ur scope but not sure......

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Easiest way to do it is buy either a tru-glo adjustable sight or drill and tap the receiver for a holo-sight and then buy some Federal Tru-ball slugs.

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
What is the barrel configuration? If it has the Invector Plus system, it is back bored and it will never shoot slugs very well. If it has the Invector system,try it with an imporove clyinder,skeet or clyinder choke tube and rifled slugs. If it is a fixed choke with a clyinder,skeet,improved clyinder or ,maybe even modified constriction,try rifled slugs. For best results get a Hastings or Browning full rifled barrel and shoot sabots.

I have never been a fan of rifled choke tubes but I have only a little experience with those things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts