Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
I lost them all in a boating accident.
Joined
·
18,042 Posts
Looks like Anthony gets the silver. Third up for grabs right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,465 Posts
What an accomplishment to win this year, have the highest score last year, and be inducted into the HOF as well. Bill is truly amazing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,265 Posts
Congratulations Bill for an awesome win!

And the Georgia Boys kicked butt in FITASC! Zac G. from Forest City took HOA with a 98 and Kevin DeMichael was 2nd with a 96! From nearby South Carolina, Rick Hemingway's 96 put him in 3rd.

Congratulations to all who shot amazing scores!

Demi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
Great win for Bill. Karmic even.

Also echo Demi's congrats to our Club Manager here at Forest City Zac Guerrettaz who came out of AA Class to post a 98 for FITASC HOA and also placed in Main and K-Kup. That's how you punch into Master Class! Congrats Zac on all your hard work and good shooting.

Father/Son Joseph/Colin Davis from Forest City also showed up with AA2 in Main and AA4 in K-Kup for Joe and Colin finished B1 in FITASC, B4 in Main and B7 in K-Cup.

Great shooting boys!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,043 Posts
Come on now, lets be nice here. While Bill did have the highest score at the end of three days shooting last year he wasn't named champion. William (Bubba) Walton won based on the contingency plan shoot-off. Whether you agreed or disagreed with the way things were handled, the NSCA said that Bubba won. It was not Bubba's fault as how the shoot off was handled. He played by the rules set forth to all of the people in the shoot-off. I think it is poor sportsmanship to say otherwise. Bill is a friend of mine but so is Bubba. Great shooting Bill.

Mike McAlpine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,217 Posts
Mike McAlpine said:
Come on now, lets be nice here. While Bill did have the highest score at the end of three days shooting last year he wasn't named champion. William (Bubba) Walton won based on the contingency plan shoot-off. Whether you agreed or disagreed with the way things were handled, the NSCA said that Bubba won. It was not Bubba's fault as how the shoot off was handled. He played by the rules set forth to all of the people in the shoot-off. I think it is poor sportsmanship to say otherwise. Bill is a friend of mine but so is Bubba. Great shooting Bill.

Mike McAlpine
Very well said Mike. No need to discuss last year while the Sporting Clays world celebrates Mr. Mcguire's accomplishment in 2016.

I marvel at what these gifted shooters are able to do. 600 or 700 plus targets in a championship setting and to perform virtually flawlessly. Mcguire...Anthony, David R, Derrick M and a number of others broke 95% plus for the week in Texas. Amazing and congrats to all of them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,927 Posts
What bothers me about McGuire is the way he he shoots. Other top shooters, like Matarese, for example, go through different contortions, double check their gun position, mount, foot position, follow the show bird with a pointed finger, and generally make every shot a major effort, with, of course, success. McGuire looks like a guy waiting for a bus.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,778 Posts
dickgtax said:
What bothers me about McGuire is the way he he shoots. Other top shooters, like Matarese, for example, go through different contortions, double check their gun position, mount, foot position, follow the show bird with a pointed finger, and generally make every shot a major effort, with, of course, success. McGuire looks like a guy waiting for a bus.
I realize it is a different game, but Kim Rhode shoots like that. She seems completely detached while waiting, steps on the pad, calls for the targets, and breaks them - no wasted motion. The ability to make complex actions look simple is a rare gift.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,778 Posts
Dalwhinnie said:
mwr01 said:
dickgtax said:
The ability to make complex actions look simple is a rare gift.
No, its just a different approach. "Rarity" is largely self imposed.
Hmm... Wonder if it is easier to groove a ritual that involves a series of discrete physical actions prior to execution? Among elite shooters there certainly seem to be more individuals in the "elaborate" group than in the minimalist cohort.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top