Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My uncle left me a BL-3. I was wondering if the barrels are supposed to automaticly switch when I shoot because it does not and i have to manualy change them. If so what could be the problem?
Also How much and would it be a good idea to get the guns chamber lengthened to 3 inches for waterfowl?

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
The gun has an inertia hammer reset. The recoil from the first shot resets the hammer for the second.

Cock gun and close. Pull trigger, click, bump recoil bad on floor, or with heel of hand at wrist, hard but not damaging....
pull trigger again, click...If no second click, bump again.

Enjoy

:)W :B3

·
Registered
9,163 Posts
My guess is the gun has not had a thorough cleaning and lubrication since it left the factory. I would pull the stock off and soak the action in kerosene or similar solvent. Dry it off, spray with Breakfree CLP or RemOil, and wipe off the excess, making sure that all the outside surfaces feel dry, so the lubricant will not soak into the wood.

If that doesn't fix it, send it to Cole. They are the gurus of Berettas, especially the older models. http://www.colegun.com/

To get the stock off, loosen the stock bolt which is inside the buttstock, under the recoil pad. Newer Berettas require a 6mm hex (Allen) wrench, but the older ones might take a different kind of wrench or screwdriver.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Seamus O'Caiside said:
My guess is the gun has not had a thorough cleaning and lubrication since it left the factory. I would pull the stock off and soak the action in kerosene or similar solvent. Dry it off, spray with Breakfree CLP or RemOil, and wipe off the excess, making sure that all the outside surfaces feel dry, so the lubricant will not soak into the wood.

If that doesn't fix it, send it to Cole. They are the gurus of Berettas, especially the older models. http://www.colegun.com/

To get the stock off, loosen the stock bolt which is inside the buttstock, under the recoil pad. Newer Berettas require a 6mm hex (Allen) wrench, but the older ones might take a different kind of wrench or screwdriver.
I'll second that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts