Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I've developed a bad habit lately of blinking my eyes for a millisecond BEFORE I pull the trigger on a target. Any ideas to break this cycle before it becomes a permanent bad habit? Sometimes I breaks 'em, and sometimes I don't.

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
hate to say it--sounds like a flinch coming on. can you low mount and not cause it, have you tried using your middle finger to pull the trigger :?:

happen moreso when you are tired :?:

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
Can you say FLINCH? I dunno, is recoil a problem for you?? Get some scotch tape and tape your eyelids open? :wink: I'd bet you are a bit recoil sensative. Address that and you may remedy your problem.

BP

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No Steve, I'll try to use the middle finger next time to pull the trigger. I've just been using it to wave at the targets I've been missing :lol: .

I hope its not a flinch. I haven't been recoil sensitive in the past and it happens in the smaller gauges as well. Gun fits me well and everything else is pretty smooth.??

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
RedForeman said:
I've just been using it to wave at the targets I've been missing :lol: .
bwahahaha :wink: :lol: :lol: i've done that some myself

sounds strange, but i know quite a few premounted shooters that the middle finger deal worked---hope it does for you

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
Yep, sounds like anticipatory recoil flinch to me, too.

Exactly the same thing used to happen to me with handguns

I can shoot light .38 target wadcutters all day long from a two-inch barrel and never flinch or get that split-second eye-closing resistance to anticipated recoil.

But let me toss in a few rounds of full-house .44 Magnums and after that I'd flinch and squint with a .22.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts