Shotgun Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
blutcherama said:
When you say chamber do you mean the magazine? Sorry for such a newb question... I'm embarrassed to ask it.
The chamber is the part of the barrel that houses a shell in the ready to fire position. Due to its slightly greater interior diameter than the rest of the barrel, it can get less of a good scrub than the barrel as brushes/mops, while tight enough in the barrel, may be a bit loose in the chambers. Don't worry about asking questions that are seemingly obvious to others, we were all at a point some time when we didn't know what chambers were. Besides, it's better to ask and learn than assume and learn.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Can you tell me how to best clean this area? I have removed the barrel and scrubbed with a brush and solvent that part of the barrel and used a bore snake on the barrel. I haven't yet taken the trigger action out... I'm a bit nervous about taking all that out.

·
Registered
379 Posts
blutcherama said:
Can you tell me how to best clean this area? I have removed the barrel and scrubbed with a brush and solvent that part of the barrel and used a bore snake on the barrel. I haven't yet taken the trigger action out... I'm a bit nervous about taking all that out.
I personally use an 8 gauge phosphor bronze brush for my 12 gauges (note that these can be hard to come by, I ordered mine from an English shooting equipment website for about $20 all in. I'll see if I can find you the site if you'd like). I rig it up to the end of a drill bit that I fashioned and give it a good whirl with a cordless drill (using solvent as well). It gives a nice snug fit that's not too loose but not too tight either. All this is done with the barrel removed of course. Other guys here may have other methods that I'm sure they'd share.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts