Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Browning BPSs, a 20 ga. I purchased new about 7 years ago and a BPS Trap ,which I purchased last year. The 20ga I use for skeet and hunting and the Trap model for trap and skeet. The problem if it is one, is the barrel on the 12 ga.Trap model always has lot of rust on the patch when I clean it, which I do after every use. The only thing out get from the 20ga is carbon and plastic. I wondered if Browning used older barrels on the Trap models. The the barrel is stamped" 2 3/4" Field Model "it has the Invector Plus tubes. I never got rust out of the 20 ga which I use the same cleaning procedure. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same with my BPS, I don't think its rust, when bore is wiped dry it really shines, maybe blueing salts, not sure. Same thing on outer surface, rub it WD40 and a patch will turn orange to this day, but its a deep blue/black surface color, really a high gloss finnish.

·
Registered
326 Posts
dont have that problem with my bps even though it a 2007 model when i clean it crud come out and after that all shiny maybe its the cleaner your useing its to abrasive try bore scrubber by casey birchwood or 40-x bore cleaner by remington there both good cleaners i have try if that dont help try taking is to a place to see what the problem is

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.