Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first Benelli and I pretty much bought it on a whim. I was shopping for a 3" 12ga and had a Super X2 or an M2 in mind. While at the shop I stumbled on a used LH Montefeltro in mint condition that was just traded in. I'm a sucker for anything lefty that I find used. The gun handles nicely and came with the original case, choke tubes etc. I'm wondering if I got a decent deal at $699 ? I'm also wondering if I should have been more selective in choosing such a light quick handling gun for what is going to be mostly duck/goose hunting? Anybody else out there use a Montefeltro for waterfowl?

Thanks

·
Registered
402 Posts
You stole it! nice find there.
The light weight will not bother you. I have shot a lot of 3" out of my old monte, about the same feel as my far heavier 1187, especially when concentrating on a game animal.

·
Registered
13,098 Posts
You got a good deal. The Monte is geared for upland, but can be used for waterfowling. It would be far from my first pick for a waterfowling gun though. Heck, for that price you could even pick up another semi auto that is synthetic and mid priced and still spend about the same as the M2 new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.